Is it weird that I've never kissed anyone?

So I'll be 20 in November and I was wondering if anyone thought it was weird that I haven't kissed anyone yet (and, no, I haven't had sex either ;). I'm not anti-social or anything; in fact I'm very social and have many friends in various types of groups and backgrounds. And it's not like I haven't dated before though I admit I've only dated 3 guys officially.

Everyone acts funny around me when they find out I'm a virgin (usually they'll find out through my friends about this though I'm not afraid to say something if they ask...). I normally get the comment, "WHOA! You're like 'a for real' virgin aren't you?..." People are pretty cool with it and "respect it" but I can tell it bothers them and that they think it's weird. Many ask me why I choose to "torture" myself like that but I tell them that it honestly doesn't bother me too much because I want to save my first kiss for someone REALLY special, not just some guy who only likes me for a few weeks/months and then leaves. Am I waiting for my "true love" to have my first kiss? No, though if it comes to that then I'm not upset. Also, I'm waiting until after I'm married to have sex because I want my body to be specifically my husband's (haha sorry I'm an old romantic ;).

They're comments and jabs don't really bother me because I know what's right for me and my personality. However, I guess I'm just really surprised that everyone (well it SEEMS like everyone) thinks its weird/stupid/odd/etc. Girls especially give me a hard time and guys are pretty cool with it but back off a bit once they realize I'm serious.

Is there anyone out there who DOESN'T think its odd? Guys, do you find it a turn-on or just think it's plain stupid? Would you marry a woman who hasn't had sex? And why are the girls giving me such a hard time it's not like they're "missing out" on something like the guys would be! Why do they care? And why do people act so weird once they find out?

*SIGH* Answers Please!~!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ultimately, it's your life and you're free to make any choice you want to.

However, I would personally never marry anyone before having sex with them. It's hard to explain to someone who is a virgin how much sex can affect a relationship.

In terms of not kissing anyone... sorry but that seems stupid in my opinion. Again, it's your life and you're free to do what you want.

What Guys Said 5

• In today's society, it is different, that's for sure. But who cares if it's different? It's who you are, and you're being authentic. Do you really want to be "like everyone else"? NOOOOO. Which is why you've remained chaste until now.

Now, remember, being part of a small minority makes you an easy target for jokes and ridicule. So I would be careful about who you share your "status" with.

• I think its a HUGE turn on. It's great that your saving yourself for someone that you really care for.

you're golden :)

• I have kissed a girl before but if it makes you feel any better I'm 22 and have never has sex. Its nothing be ashamed of. If anyone thinks your weird because of it their a jackass.

• TURN OFF EWWWWWWWWWW! :O

• Turn on? No

But it's your life and your choice.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think its odd because I am exactly the same way.. Except I'm 22 and never had a boyfriend before.. But I have had guy friends.. And its funny cause my friends are always trying to hook me up with guys so I can turn out like them but I'm like NO... I rather wait.. I want to be with one person for the rest of my life.. And if it takes me half my life to find him I truly won't be upset about it...