Girls would you date a guy who is out of shape?

I'm not fat or anything just really out of shape. Iv had chronic shoulder elbow and leg problems the past year. I can get around and do stuff just fine I'm just not the least bit athletic or muscular really. Is this a turn off? please be honest. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, honestly your name gave me more of a clue to what the issues could be.

No one is worthless but most people do buy the image YOU Project. (Not that others would see you as worthless, just that they would see your weakness.)

I can relate to the health issues as I've had a rough year as well but that doesn't mean I'm worthless. I've been spending more time doing things that I CAN do and NOT focusing on what I CAN'T. That's the issue with "worthless". All the focus is on the CAN'T.

Think of folks that have made a wonderful life for themselves that have faced more physical difficulties that yourself. They focused on what they COULD do. I know a guy locally that is in a wheel chair, paralysed from the neck down. He paints beautiful pictures with his mouth. He may not have been born wanting to paint but he found something that he could do and became very good at it.

To me, the most attractive thing about any guy is his personality. Is he strong and resilient? Does he find humor in life and pick up and go on when he's knocked down? Is he polite and always willing to learn?

As to the out of shape...most people are. It's only on TV that everyone is good looking, works out every day and always has $. That's just not the way it is in real life. But then I think there's much more happiness to be found in real life than in the super shallow hollywood images.

Be gentle and kind to YOU but don't let yourself make excuses.

What Girls Said 10

• As long as you get around the bedroom OK than I'm sure you'll be fine!..no but seriously don't sweat it I would not be any less attracted to you if you were injured, it's the overall package that counts. Just don't put yourself down about it in front of girls this would be off putting as would show lack of confidence.

• No cause I'm totally out of shape too.

• If you can get around and do stuff fine then it wouldn't bother me atall. I'm not atheltic either, so I don't care about that either.

• "Out of shape" and overweight/obese are two different things.

You can still weigh a healthy weight,and look good,but if you try running you just...start breaking a sweat and about to die 5 seconds into it.

Overweight would be at an unhealthy weight.

So yes.Just depend on how others define "out of shape"

• Sure. I'm not a girl who likes ripped guys. Sure, strong arms are nice, but it's not like I wouldn't date a guy because of his muscles, or lack thereof.

I like a guy who I can wrestle with, and I think I can win (although most the time I can't)

• Just know I won't expect our date to be a 5 mile run lol

• Yea, but I would force him to play sports with me, and start going to the gym, just because I like being active together and IN bed he has to last for me (: ahaha

• If your personality is what's crackajack then for sure! Looks are superficial.

• I could. If two people are compatible then anything is possible.

• yes I definitely would.. no it would not be a turn off!

What Guys Said 1

• Confidence, man. If you're ripped out of your mind, but you're awkward and shy, girls won't give you the time of day.

If you're overweight but you know how to talk to a girl, and you're completely confident with yourself and your life, you're gonna do fine.

Girls typically aren't necessarily as shallow as us guys. There are exceptions... but then again you shouldn't be chasing shallow girls anyway. The right girl will like you for you. Just know what you want before you get into something, and she'll respect you.