Why does everyone think it's harder to be a girl?

I've seen so many comments and questions, and in every day life; a type conversation topic is "Girls have it so much harder"

I disagree, for every con we have, males have a con too.

I'd say it's pretty equal between the genders.

Can you think of anything your gender has as a "negative" that you feel there isn't an equal for in the other gender?

- Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whether it's easy or hard has very little to do with your gender.

It has a lot more to do with how confident, emotionally stable, and non-cynical you are.

What Guys Said 38

• Society as a whole is screwed up if we want to put humanism on the front line. Love, what we consider the greatest and deepest and most signifcant entity in everyone's lives, is actually based on a manuscript created a few hundred years ago. What do I mean? Well, if we look at what most girls and most guys find attractive, it's always "HE HAS TO BE MANLY" "SHE HAS TO BE A WOMAN" well screw it that is just a fricking ROLE WRITTEN DOWN into a fricking BOOK. Why are we looking for a role? Why aren't we looking for a person? This clearly states that what we are looking for is ANYONE who does what's on the list. It's just a list of conditions. The condition of doing "this and this and this" and also be good-looking (aka physically attractive, which about 80% of the girls believe is the same - muscular and tall). We run around saying we all want to have substance, but in reality, we are looking for pre-made categories merely because we were told that's what we are meant to look for. Isn't THIS shallow?

...aaanyways, to answer the real question, girls have it a bit harder, because they have more options to overcomplicate their lives. For example, they can pick whether they want to have some makeup on (read: mess around 3 hours before school to look like a qualified slut but believe she is beautiful). Many things stated on this site as "obligatory" are actually options that people believe they are mandatory.. But in fact, they're not.

The reason why it's harder for girls is - because they have PMS. That must be outright horrible, if I was bleeding and had to make all the precautions and was more frustrated, obviously I wouldn't like it either. Then, they also have a giant trail of guys on their back that they are not attracted to, and they must eliminate them one by one - this is quite the emotional tension if she doesn't want to "break their hearts" too much. Also, girls have various dozen thousand restrictions and limits on what they are supposed to say, how they are supposed to sit, what they are supposed to wear, etc. And what's the most important - someone might actually attempt to rape them at any time on the street. I think that's quite a giant load of tension.

Guys have it sort of easy compared to all that. The only thing guys have is that their is a GIANT LOAD OF EXPECTATIONS for what they are supposed to be like so girls would "find them attractive". While it's not even the guy they would like, it's the list that fits onto them. Hence the giant rant at the beginning. Guys need to act certain ways as well, or they will be deemed "unmanly", and people will look down upon them, just because they don't like to fight, or they don't want to present themselves to everyone. They MUST "act like a man", regardless of your actual personality. And it really sucks. But it is still harder for girls.

• I personally say what I like,sit how I want to sit and wear what I want to wear; and in all honesty I do none of this the way my friends say a girl "should" & my friends do rip at me for not being girly.

• Lol I'

I'm sure he doesnt.

• KARTHATHAN

& It is really not very hard to convince a person they think or behave a certain way-It just takes consistency.This "certain predisposition" you speak of is a story that's been told not just in our lifetime but for centuries before. How do you know you are not just buying into someones story about you?'

Tests & disprove predisposition all the time. Men& Women function with fairly equal competency -why not accentuate that, instead of looking for differences that 'prove' disharmony?

• Women generally have more options open to them than men. Just to name a few examples:

Women can wear mens clothes and nobody thinks twice.

Women are free to express any emotion they have to nearly any degree without ridicule.

A woman can be career oriented, or a housewife/full-time mom. When was the last time you heard the word househusband?

People are proud of a woman in a male dominated field. Nobody says "male nurse" with pride.

• Househusband and male nurse cracked me up, way too true.

• Just on the career comment ...

go look up "glass ceiling" for women and go look up "glass escalator" for men then you'll know how women are in the career world, not to mention gender tracking "mommy track", education-occupation-wage correlation of men and women, etc.

it's not a good idea to speak before you do your sociological research...

you may not say male nurse with pride but you get paid more than women (this applies to most other careers as well)

• I'm fully aware of the concept of a "glass ceiling" and all that. But in most cases it's just women using gender as an excuse for not being handed their dream job. Men say "My boss is an idiot." Women say "I've hit the glass ceiling." The working world is not fair. Quit bitching and work harder or smarter. Or start your own company and be the boss.

Also, show me wage/salary data sorted per company per job title with included experience and educational information per employee.

• Well I'm just going to list em down that allright?

-We have to ask girls out(usually) rather then them ask us

-we have to pay for the wedding ring(in most cases as its tradition)

-we have to pay for the wedding(tradition)

-We are expected to be tough and feel no pain or sadness so we can't express ourselves

-We get joked about if we do something "Girly"

Ima stop there. Though society has put so much pressure on both genders people nearly

have no say on what they want to act like they have to be cute and

cuddly and emotional if their girls and tuogh and "rock solid" if their a guy.

• But it's GUYS who pick on other GUYS if they show emotion, etc.

• The brides family traditional pays for the wedding itself, the groom pays for the rings, the rehearsal dinner, and the rest of his life... Traditionally

• FINALLY! AMEN! Every answer posted says girls have it harder so thank you dude for finally saying WHAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT AND REFUSES TO RECOGNIZE! - AND NOBODY CARES IF WE SAY THAT THIS IS UNFAIR AND WRONG - JUST CUZ WE ARE MALE NOBODY HAS ANY SYMPATHY FOR US AND IT SUCKS!

HERE'S WHAT'S MISSING FROM THAT LIST:

WE HAVE ZERO REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS - OUR GIRL CAN MAKE US A FATHER AGAINST OUR WILL & @ANY TIME &SHE CAN TAKE OUR CHANCE TO BE A FATHER BY TAKING OUR BABY AWAY W/ A QUICK DOCTOR VISIT.

• I always thought the girls had it easier, certainly in school. Their advanced social network that even gets guys talking gave them the inside fast track on getting things done the correct way, the better grades.

As they age, they may choose to wait for an invitation but most did not with me. Again, they were/are in control of sexual advances and even initiate most that are not rebuffed.

Once, they might have a disadvantage in job interviews but today a well appointed & endowed woman will nudge out a guy with similar paper achievements.

More?

• For girls it has to be makeup. We have grown so accustomed to seeing just a little eyeshadow or eyeliner that it's weird when a girl doesn't wear any. Also, pedicures and smooth legs have become a "must". As a guy I don't have to worry about smearing makeup on my face and keeping perfect legs every day and it's nice.

For guys it has to be sex. We all have some insecurities and believe it or not, our genitals were not created equal. You could argue that its all about how you use it, but that can be taught and perfected with practice. Our penis does not change with practice. Whether it's too big or too small, it's relevant in giving a woman pleasure and there's nothing we can do to change that.

• I've never had a pedicure in my life, and to be honest I'm not totally sure what one is. But for most of that I agree with you.

• Thank you so very, very f***ing much.There's an equal amount of pressure on guys that there is on girls, most girls just don't f***ing see it, 'cos guys don't go around talking about it. Guys aren't allowed to talk about it, as pressures go. Guys have to conform to it and act as if they're not conforming. Girls, also, can rat to guys about their pressures, but a huge amount of the pressures is put on guys by girls themselves - by proxy - and as such, it goes without a voice. Girls don't see that.

Theres a reason I've rejected most masculine traits, you know? You eventually push past the loop. The unspoken oppression turns into an unspoken hatred, and fear. What was once 'What the f*** are you doing? Play some f***ing sports. Play games. Talk like me. Cut your hair. Get different clothes. Don't care about your clothes! Don't care about girls. Be around girls. Be good looking. Don't care about your looks. Don't be a wuss. Don't be too f***ing violent, asshole. Don't be so f***ing stupid. Don't try and learn anything. Don't try at all. Succeed. Get over yourself. Be masculine! Don't try to be masculine - what are you, on steroids? Get muscular. Not too muscular, are you some kind of faggot? Going down the gym, hanging round the showers all day? Don't talk to girls too much. Have friends. Don't get too compassionate about it, that's faggot stuff. Get another haircut. Shave. Don't cut yourself. Don't be so goddamn useless. Be a leader of men. Take control. What the f*** are you, some kind of control freak? Calm down. Get back in your f***ing hovel, d***head.'

Then becomes;

'What in gods name? Are you a homo faggot? Are you a transexual or something? What the hell is wrong with you? FEMININITY? INDIVIDUALITY? Its disgusting. Get away. Get away from here. We don't give a sh*t what you do, but if we do anything to you, you've brought it on yourself. You chose this. You chose to be a faggot. You deserve nothing from us. Get away. Your weird, your a freak. What the hell is wrong with you? What do you see, when you look in the mirror? Your a girl. Go be with your girl friends, go do whatever the hell you want. We don't need a faggot like you here.'

And I'm looking back, with two fingers raised high, saying 'Well alright then!'

Anyway uh... What was I saying? I dunno. I made my point I guess, LOL. You ever see Trainspotting?

'Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a car. Choose a big f***ing television' etc.

That kind of thing. You follow the system or pay the price. The price is a massive 'What the f***?' from conventional society. Its spelt out with laws, regulations, mockery, knives and humiliation, but its spelt out very deliberately, and very clearly. If you don't follow it, your f***ed, well and truly.

Same for girls though. But its by no means worse. I mean, you don't see many girls getting their sh*t kicked in for having short hair and not wearing makeup, do you? But that happened to me at least 4 times a week, at a time, for the same kinda thing.

• I'm by no means saying its harder for guys than it is girls though. I just ran out of room, LOL. Girls know what's wrong with girls anyway. Just fill in the rest, hahaha.

• You're 16 and I'm 42, and I can tell you now that the more I age the more I care less of what people think of me. My friends joke with me saying this is why I'll never marry, because I'm a non-conformist. And to a serious degree that's true. But I don't lable myself, I just try to feel and think free thoughts to the point that that freedom is a part of me. Perhaps this is why great thinkers and enlightened men in history are often unmarried bachelors.

• Very good. Very good.

I don't care what they think myself, per se, but I can certainly acknowledge it. I think being 16 will times ten any of that stuff.

• -Its taboo for guys to show emotion

-Everyoen assumes "boys are doing just great, we need to help girls more"

-

-We can have erection issues/or just be small...women don't have tow orry about the size of much in terms of the body parts that deal with intercourse...also men have an external appendage so it could be cut off in an acident easier.

-Men are circumcized and its considered normal...but girls getting circumcized is considre disgusting and a crime agiasnt women ( it is of course) bit bioys getting their genitals cut is accepetable in the west.

-Boys have a higher suicide rate (4x the rate of girls)

-Were not as smart

-We have no reproductive choices after intecourse...a girl cna have ana bortion whether the guy likes it or not...she can abort it even if he pleadse with her not to...or she cna have it when he doesn't want it...(now...I'm not suggesting we change anything...the pregnancy is in the woman's body so of course she should have control over it...I'm just saying sometimes mother nature doesn't dish things out fairly and someone gets the short stick,in this case guys get it)

• -Boys have a higher suicide rate (4x the rate of girls) __ I never relized that before. I don't listen to the news but when I hear of most suicide cases it's a guy doing it.

-We have no reproductive choices after intecourse __ there was a whole question about this a week or two ago. very interesting.

-We can have erection issues/or just be small __ girls have size issues when it comes to boobs though.

• I'm going to abandon the guys here and say that I think women do in fact have it harder. As much as we would like to think it in this modern day and age, there is still a fair bit of gender discrimination everywhere, and a patriarchal-oriented society is still in play for many places. Another issue that I would raise is the fact that most women are at the end of the day expected to eventually marry and bear children. This puts a rather faint onus on them to seek out or select a mate who is worthy for them. On the other hand, it is more socially acceptable for guys to just live like promiscuous wolves for the rest of their lives and never settling down. This view is subject to cultural influences though.

• Generally we men aren't allowed to show our feelings, or talk about them, or communicate in any other way on an intimate level...something that really bothers me!

• Don't women suck! Really the are the ones that say NO!

• well for starters

women and men both expect (thanks to the lack of progession to "equality" in society)

that the man should do all the work when it comes to selecting the mate

as if the women is just standing idlely by while the man has to go over his options as if he has any or none.. cause what if he can't decide cause looks arnt all the matters to him

its sexist to think women can't say I like this man cause he has what I want and I pick him

most men are potentially willing and open for anything

some people just never say things aloud for them to not see it fly by there head

and I know men can do that same thing to where we say wow I won't let her get away

and then she gets away cause some other nigga got her first and then bam

here we are potentially waiting

i for one would take advantage of being a girl and make a killing on how many different types of guys out there who would want and cherish mine or your love

so I can agree minus the history of suppresion women have had that women don't have that bad as of now with the whole "i don't need to find a penis a penis will find me "

cause its true for the most part

so we lack the ability to create life alone (men do have it hard-Rejection affects both but can scare men at an early age)

give us a break we can be really helpful if we have the right inspiration.

• Here in my country (Turkey), girls are under constant pressure to avoid any sexual contact before getting married, which is insane, I know...

There is no equivalent of that pressure on guys. At least, not in Turkey.

• I think this is a matter of opinion, really. What's "hard" to someone isn't hard to another.

So on that note, I don't think it's harder to be a girl, but someone else might.

• Here's one;

To gain the 'perfect' body women just have to watch their weight, whereas men have to do that AND spend months if not years gaining toning and muscle. Then the rest of their life is taken up by trying to maintain that body.

• Not all women want a perfect body though, me for one; I'm not a fan of muscles so I'd prefer it if a guy didn't have them.

• I'm not physically attracted to women who look average for their BMI, which is what you will get when just watching your weight. Women who do this are far from a perfect body, very far. However I still agree that women do have it easier when it comes to getting a nice, curvy figure while men are going to struggle more getting a chiseled physique.

• Lol, "women just have to watch their weight for the perfect body".........hahaha good joke. Sure we don't have to get toned up and buff...or whatever, but it's more complicated than that. Women have to exercise too...I'm not saying that its more difficult than men...but nothing is ever easy.

• Everybody loves to play the "Life is harder for me game" if their was a clear cut answer then we wouldn't have this debate...

• You say everybody does it when I clearly said I thought it was pretty equal. Unless you plan on answering my question there's not point commenting.

• :) agreed generally, on this site people comment without bothering to respond.

• It is equal, I meant that if their was one gender that had a clear cut "harder life" then their would not be a debate. Because it is either completely equal or close to it people try to find way to make their lot seem harder. I can't think of a negative or positive for one gender that outweighs the other. I was agreeing with your assessment. I suppose I should have been a tad more clear.

• Hell, it is harder for females... societal conditioning, always having younger girls competing for the same guys, pregnancy, getting older, feelings of inadequacy, childhood issues, self-esteem, body issues, body image, etc... Also, for men, it's not as hard. When a man gets older, it's a sign of dignity- people call older women names. A man is fat, he's a big guy... a woman is fat, she's a fat girl... That's just the way it is. Unfortunately for women, it's a lot like the whole racial nonsense that persists in our society.. It is unfair to women.

• I don't know. Ya'll have to bear (right spelling for context?, idk) children, have periods, occasionally put up with bs from guys who think men are superior. But ya'll can go to whatever party you want simply by being a girl and are not expected to make the first move for whatever relationship.

Guys can't always go to certain parties, just because we're guys. We get awkward random boners now and then. Girls think we are all the same.

But overall, I don't know what is worse. I know I like being a guy :)

• i agree with you its pritty equal the problem is we make it harder on each other. girls have problems of there own and becuse of guys and guys have problems because of there own and girls. the crapy pople keep misstreating the good ones and the good ones keep feeling the pinch and bild higher and higher walls making it that much more difficult for the other good ones and them selves.

• I'd personally say you girls have it easier in the social sense, harder in the business/political sense. Where as men it's the reverse. It's a stupid thing, but that's how our society is for now.

• Can I be honest and a little bit rude? Yes, our con is that we don't have t*ts. I've seen so many times how they have helped girls in various situations. ;-) Otherwise I do agreed with OP.

• i think being a guy is more difficult cause I have no chance with a girl since I'm all around ugly to them and my shy depressed personality turns girls away and girls never ask me out ... I just don't understand what's so wrong about me :(

• That's you specifically; not guys as a whole.

• With all due respect, I think you just posted that in a search for sympathy, and as Hartmut said; That's you, not all guys.

• Girls are extremely picky that's your problem. They can be the same as you and find a guy but it doesn't work the same way for guys.

• Gender means nothing. Self confidence can make pop eye out of billy and canned fish out of pop eye. How you view yourself is the most important thing.

• I think this position -"girls have it so much harder" is really nonsense.

• whats easy for girls is hard for guys, what's easy for girls is hard for guys, that's how I see it. Overall, the main advantage I see where girls have it easier is in the social world.

• Men are left alone much more than women. As a man, I can "blend into the background" and not be noticed. Positively or negatively. I don't think that's the same for women. I think being a guy is easier.

• If not being noticed is what you like or can tolerate then this makes things easier. Frankly, my ability to blend nearly all the time is something of a problem.

• Child Birth

• Marry me?

• Girls just like to be condescending, especially to guys.

• Yeah the stupid thing about how girls don't have to approach guys. What's the equivalent for that?

• They have to sit around waiting and wondering if they guy they like will ever do something about it. And they feel it is socially unacceptable to ask out guys, even though it shouldn't be, when they really want to

• lol Sucks for them then.

• If being dumber makes life harder, then yes, girls do have it harder.

• Yea stereotypes go there's quite a bit more prejudice and negative stereotypes against women so if you are inclined to be severely stressed or disturbed by arbitrary ignorant derogatory comments from people have very low self esteem & no concept of dignity/ respect/ open mindedness, towards themselves or others, than you might think its harder being a girl, but again that depends on your ability to be objective ,reason/ have logical though, level of self confidence & emotional stability.

• If being an asshole makes life harder, you probably have it harder too huh?

• I don't think it's harder to be a girl, in fact it's easier to be a girl and only girls think it's harder to be a girl.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 21

• I 100% agree with you. I say the genders are equal. Males have just as many pros and cons as females. One reason this topic creates so much conflict is because it's hard to get inside the opposite sex's head (or body). Although many of the physical issues we experience differ from the other gender, there is still plenty we have in common. In conclusion, we should try to have empathy for the struggles the opposite sex faces, but remember that we're all human, and can relate so much more than we let ourselves believe.

• Hahah, I really feel like this is an ongoing argument between the sexes that is so useless!

It's like, we're arguing over who has it worse. Uh, hello... I don't know about you, but I don't wanna win that argument! Yet people seem to keep coming up with new ammo to use in the battle to win the title of "Worst life".

To answer your question, though, I truly agree with you. For every downside to one gender, there seems to be something of equal value for the other.

(PS: when I used the word "useless" above, I meant the argument is nonsensical, not your topic! I really liked what you said in your post. ;D)

• Lol, title of "Worst life." I don't understand why someone would want that so much XD

I definitely agree with you (and the QA obviously) though!

• Does this really matter? In my opinion, everyone has their work cut out for them for life, unless they are rich.

• Unless you plan on answering my question, no point in commenting. If you don't think it matters why waste your time?

• But the things that I listed you can. And unfortunately, social status and looks are important things to the majority of society.

• Wow, this girl just answered the question. Don't get your panties up in a bunch. Jesus.

• Well that is all a matter of perspective. You know who I think about when I think of people who have it harder? Shy Guys. They have hard time coming up to us girls just to talk and we tend to ignor them or just write them off as uninterested or dorky. Girls tend to be pretty dismissive, even cruel to these guys and the really sick thing about it is that most of them would make pretty good lovers. Ever done it with a shy guy? They're Animals! I think in some aspects of life girls do have it harder, but in guy/girl relationships I would say WE have the upper hand.

• great answer I really agree, I mean, I don't know if a shy guy is an animal in bed...but been shy myself I'm just a loner, totally isolated, f***ed up. I just wish I could write off the pain I have inside, but I can't. Sorry for the rant, but I need to unload a bit

• finally, a woman admits that the female gender has it easier in dating and relationships

• Emotions?

Men can suppress them or block them out (for a while, supposedly), while we have to deal with them constantly daily. its a generalisating, but I find it quite true.

i don't know if its any harder or easier for men, but its difficult being a girl

pregnancy, raising children, possibly guy ditching you. that can be too stressful, emotionally, physically, financially. women don't get much time on their hands while raising kids.

• In a lot of ways it is harder to be a woman because men have advantages just from being taller & stronger. Of course this can be a double edged sword because people always expect men to do heavy lifting & reach things. But, in any realty TV show I've seen, if you put a group of women against a group of men, & they compete in physical challenges, the men always win. I'm not saying men have it easier, I'm just saying men in most physical cases have an advantage. Now women have an advantage when it comes to emotions because women are more in touch with their feelings. So, overall I would say it is equal, but pertaining to certain situations, one gender does have a advantage.

• I see Woman receiving much negative pressure ( well in North America)because they are 'thought' more in touch with their emotions.

Its interesting you put this as something that makes life easier. In what way do you think it makes life easier for women to be more in touch with emotions. From what I see guys & some girls use it as an excuse to say women are too emotional and therefore they are not or at least less rational than men.

btw -I'm genuinely curious I'm not saying this as and attack :)

• I do believe it is an advantage for women to be in touch with their emotions. This is because women can genuily be concerned about others & make the right decisions. I'm not saying all men, but some men seem to have no compassion & can do terrible things. I think it is because they lack emotion. Now this is an advantage to the males because they don't have to feel guilt, but I'd rather feel guilt, then something wrong & not realize it. Also, women can more freely show feelings, unlike men.

• Society tends to look down on men if the express too much feeling, but no one thinks less of a woman. I think it would be horrible to have to hold myself back like that. I would feel like I was being forced to be fake. Another thing, women do get held to higher standards because of their ability to emphasize, and many people let men off the hook, but I'd rather be held to a higher standard then let off the hook. I'm thankful I have high expectations for myself becauase is what makes me grow.

• yes...with all this women empowerment in the workplace, I feel like I am now treated as an equal at work and have to pull my own weight financially at home. Which is fine...BUT, the work at home has still all prodomiently fallen on my shoulders. I do the laundry and the dinner everynight, but we both do clean (still more heavily on my shoulders, but he def. helps a lot). So I would REALLY like it if things could be truly equal, I need time at home to relax too!

• Womanly hormones! We cry much easier!

Periods, cramping, boosting, headaches

Pregnacy

Wiping after peeing

Hahaha these kinds of things!? xD

• life is hard on both sides X]

especially when women give birth, not a pretty sight just to tell ya -_-

• periods-you can't pick when they come and go

pregnancy-you're stuck carrying a baby inside your body for 9 months

unwanted erections-can occur at unwanted times

excess pain caused by being hit in the genitals

• yeah when a guy can have a period and go through that pain than we will be equall girls have to shave every where and not slack on that.

• I've previously explained to a girl why picking up on periods is stupid. If you mean period pains/cramps, not all girls get them. I don't.

• Girls have to have babies. And breast feed. Enough said.

• Girls don't have to have babies or breast feed, that's a CHOICE.

• Well basically in a marriage. If they do decide to have children. The woman has to carry it. True breast feeding is a choice. I will agree with you on that. Also, sometimes people get pregnant on accident.

• whats hard for guys is easy for girls, what's hard for girls is easy for guys

• 1. Periods

2. Waxing

3. Boobs

• Whilst men have social cons, we have physical and social cons.

• are you really a girl? cause if you are, then you need help...

• Yes I am. Why do I need help? If anyone does, it's you. Being scared to put a name to you opinion? yeah real admirable.

• Because they are living in reality.

• Well I think men also can have it hard because women can be reallly picky. And so they might feel like they have to watch what they do more. And when women do have their monthly gift, which is something hard on them, they might even take it out on men because the men don't have one. So it's not "harder" for any gender.

• Why are you such a pessimistic b*tch? AHHHH

• Because they are stupid. A man doesn't know pain until he has walked a while in a woman's shoes. And women say men have it rough because they are sucking up to guys. Those women are insecure & want men to like them.

Women are very forgiving & loving towards men. Men have expectations that women can never live up to, which is one of reasons so many women are depressed. They know that can't be what men want. I know it's the male's fault that they are so critical, but it doesn't make the blow any less hard to take.

• I totally agree with you :).

• but don't you guys love to wear high heels? Plus no body is forcing you to wear high heels, you can always wear flats. Women have a laundry list that that men are supposed to satisfy. Its not as hard for women to get a guy they want, they just have to know when to open their legs and when to not.

• Every month I have a really bad period pain that reminds me God is a man... We can't just walk around with messy hair and the opposite sex won't think its sexy, we can't even say things related to sex because well you are a girl and girls can't say certain things because we are gonna be call sluts, after 25 people just want to know when you are getting married because well you are old, when you say you are single people think you are sick or something, looking good is a must and its way more than controling weight... It doesn't matter what some people say in this site but even if we like a guy we shouldn't make a move, also we can't say well its OK he is a guy, its never OK because we are girls... Anyway even tough its harder its more entertaining being a girl I wouldn't change it...

• Periods is a bad one, if you don't want kids you can get things done/take medication to stop your period, so you're just picking the fallen apple there. Plus that's not true, I know a lot of girs who have made the first move on a guy, me being an example; I told my boyfriend I liked him first.

• But in the real life I see from myself and friends guys take you for granted when you make a move, I only did it once, I think if I am interested in a guy and he seems to be interested too I would ask him out but I would feel awkward and I would wish he would have asked me first but then I wouldn't kiss him or call him first...Otherwise I would think it's me me me doing the work...

I always tell my guy friends why don't you ask her out, be a man, and they are all chicken...

• Trust me is your attractive uglier will call you slut.