I want to be with her, do I wait?

Me and my girlfriend had been dating for almost a year and we just broke up. It was mostly because of an incident over the weekend and we got into an argument over it and it lead to a sour night. the next morning she wrote me a really sweet letter talking about everything and how she will miss me and everything she pretty much reminds her of me. When she left we had about a 40 min hug and I didn't want to let her go it was so hard for me to do it. it was a mutual breakup and we both agreed on it. We still love each other and she told me she isn't going to go around dating other guys. this breakup just happened, I was planning on not communicating at all until the weekend, then talking and becoming friends and then if I still had feelings eventually dating again. She was the first girlfriend of mine and I really love her and I want to be with her. My parents think I should move on and find a new girl but also think it would be good to be apart for a while maybe mature and change and then see how we are. is this a good idea? any suggestions thoughts. like I really love her, I've cried myself to sleep and woke up crying about it already. it just really hurts. how should I go about this?

we have Thanksgiving break in 2 weeks, would it be a good idea to talk to her at the end of this weekend like Sunday night, and the plan to go out sometime over break?

Most Helpful Girl

• U don't want to be stuck in that sad situation. you don't want to wake up one day and realize she's happy with some other guy. you don't want to lose her. or am I totally wrong ? so, give her time to miss u. but not to much time or she could think you never truly cared about her. id say wait 2 weeks (max). and if she contacts you before you do, reply in a nice and polite way, but make her still fight a little bit for u.

I doubt you would want to date any other chick. so, id advise you to be careful as how to handle everything.

What Girls Said 1

• I should move on and find a new girl but also think it would be good to be apart for a while maybe mature and change and then see how we are. is this a good idea?

Yes it is a good idea.

Just spend at least a few weeks apart and then see what happens :)

She might ask for you back within a few days... you never know

What Guys Said 3

• well first I would see where she is at with wanting to get back together, if she doesn't give her some space. it will give her a chance to miss you. give it at least 2 weeks of no contact... atleast. when she talks to you make up an excuse that you can't talk right now and that you'll call her back...but dont(remember you are very busy) it will drive her crazy and in turn winning her back

• If she dumped you she did it for a reason.. just give it some time if she feels like she wants back in she will let you know

• Sorry about your situation, I was went through something similar.

Did you break up with her or did she break up with you?