Is now the wrong time to continue to date?

I had been dating this guy for about three weeks and then my father died, suddenly. My guy has very strong views on bereavement, having lost his own brother, and he feels that now is not a time for dating and that I should be with my family and friends concentrating on the healing process. He thinks this is the right thing to do but I can't help but wonder if it is a "cop-out". I know I shouldn't be thinking about dating at such a difficult time but I feel an even stronger need to be with him since this happened. Is he doing the decent thing or is he making excuses? What are your thoughts please?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

But my personal opinion is that he is being decent. But you need his support. Why don't you talk to him about it? Tell him that it'd be more comforting to have a friend to support you and that dating is not actually on your mind right now?

Good luck!

What Girls Said 0