How do I stop dating someone?

This is dating like we have been on a few dates. We're not in a relationship, and he knows this.

We met online. We've been on two dates, and he IMs me every night and we talk a bit. I know from being around him enough that I'm not really into him. I like talking to him online, but I don't want to keep going on dates. I know he's going to ask me again, how do I say no nicely? I think it would be mean to just block him, or to keep giving excuses for why I can't hang out.

How can I be straightforward without being mean?

Well that was fast. I took you guys' advice and just told him. He took it well, I guess, but I feel terrible! At least it's over with. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Drop the hammer and be blunt. If you try and be nice he might mistake your kindness for a chance at a shot down the road. If you know it's not going to work it's best to be to the point and honest. Don't worry about sparing his feelings. He'll thank you for it in the long run.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey Semicolon;

The best way to let him know is to be straightforward about it. Just tell him you are not interested in going out on another date with him.

By making excuses or otherwise not being honest, this is much more painful than the truth. If you let him know, yes it might be disappointing at first but at least then he can move on with his life.

Best

- Evan

Just being friends after a break up? -> link

• Tell him your honest opinion. When you say something you honestly feel, people don't usually take offense to it.

You could say something like: "You and I are two very different people, and I think we're too different to be compatible. Though you're a great guy" yadda yadda.

• Good for you. :] Glad you did it.

You see, at least now it won't drag on for a long period of time, and you both won't be miserable from a sh*tty relationship.

What Girls Said 0