How do I get to where I want to be with this girl?

My best friend and I "dated" for a while. We never made it official, but all our friends knew we were together and I am completely and utterly in love with her. We slept together. We spent a ton of time together. We actually probably spent more time together than a married couple, which could have been a bad thing. But never-the-less, I always got the feeling that my feelings were stronger than hers. Well, she decided that she needed to experience dating again for a while. It was devastating for me, but we have remained very close. We still hold hands occasionally, and sort of act like we're together, but the kissing and anything any more intimate than that has ended. She is seeing another guy too at the moment.

I am the nice guy who is always there for her. If I pull away for a bit, for whatever reason, she always seems to pull me back in. I'm also very close with her female best friend who does everything in her power to help me. She recently showed me a conversation they had in which the girl I love told her that she loved me more than any other guy, but that she just didn't feel the physical attraction like she should. She also said that she wanted to go "date around" before getting serious with anyone.

I'm taking the steps to solve the "physical" attraction part of the equation... However, I want to know what is the best way to make her love me, like I love her. How do I make her feel like she could lose me, when she knows how hooked I am? Give me some advice here please.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I see you making the mistake than so many other guys make - your making yourself too available. Notice when your not around she comes chasing after you? There is a reason for that. She is dating other people - you should be doing the same thing. If she is as crazy about you as she says she is, nothing will get her in your arms quicker than seeing you out on a date with another woman.

• You can't make someone love you or want to be with you either they do or they dont. All you can do is try and that way you will know and won't have to wonder