Guys don't like makeup, but natural girls are plain Jane. Huh what?

i always wear makeup to school because I like it and I want to. my guy friends are always telling me I look sexy and hot and stuff like that (they're not trying to get with me, they just compliment their girl friends). but yesterday at lunch they were talking about how they like natural girls who don't wear makeup. as an experiment, I went to school without makeup today. all my guy friends seemed confused and asked why I didn't wear any. I said, "i didn't feel like it. why, do I look ugly?" and they said I didn't look ugly, just not hot anymore. they said I looked boring and plain. they told me to go put my makeup on. hmmm...explanations guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually pretty straightforward; some girls look hot without makeup and some don't. Actually, most don't. Guys seems to have a tendency to choose the natural beauty over the girl that only looks good with makeup (why your friends were talking about "natural girls who don't wear makeup").

So in your situation it sounds like your best bet is to stick with makeup.

What Guys Said 5

• Guys typically don't know what they want. Do what you feel and sell it, and they usually fall in line.

• That means you just listened to the most superficial of your guy friends.

Natural beauties are a rare catch. If you can look good without all the makeup, you really have it going on and you'll look even more great with the make up.

The girls I am really attracted to get even more gorgeous when I see them without makeup because I am still attracted to them how they naturally look. I wish girls weren't so about all the make up, many of you would be a lot less of the attitude without it.

Also, I think the difference is with all the makeup you look more "hot" than "pretty" because it tells men you are interested in attracting them.

• We are men we have no idea what we are talking about when it comes to this situation. As long as it looks good and not over board that yes use it.

• Honestly, I really despise makeup. I have friends that wear all levels of it, from absolutely none, to way to much (and every level in between). I have no issues whatsoever with girls who wear zero makeup. A little is okay, but more than that isn't. I had a friend mention one time that the best makeup is makeup that you can't tell is being used.

• lol I LOOOOVE makeup. Eye-shadow is a definite winner with me, anything dark that draws attention. Whatever goes with that is usually hot.

It depends on the person and on how they see you. If you're trying to impress someone, just ask them :)

What Girls Said 1

• guys don't know the definition of "no makeup". a girl could be wearing foundation, mascara, and some blush, and as long as it looked natural a guy would think it was "no makeup" when us girls actually know better.