Girls: How do you feel about the guy paying for you on the first date?

I've always thought that it's courteous for the guy to pay for the girl on the first date. That said, many girls say they're uncomfortable with the guy paying for them because they feel indebted.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you prefer that the guy pay for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I come prepared to at least go dutch. That said, if a guy really insists on paying for me, I'll let him. I don't feel indebted to him because 1) I offered to pay my way; and 2) if he won't let me pay for this date, I'd hope that he'd let me pay for the next.

What Girls Said 6

• I always offer to pay or at least pay half because I feel weird if I didn't and that I seem like I'm inconsiderate

• I expect the guy to pay. I'm always prepared to pay my part but I expect the guy to pay

• i think it's a nice gesture, but it does make me uncomfortable because I'm very independent in all aspects of my life I'm just used to taking care of things myself. but when my boyfriend insisted on our first date that he pay I accepted and from now we'll alternate or we'll split the bill! =)

• Its a very good sign if a guy pays, shows he cares but I would feel guitly...i guess cause I feel like I'm not worth it..haha well I haven't been on many dates so I'm not use to men showering me with stuff. haha

• he should pay for the first date

• I'm the kind of a girl who doesn't like when a guy open the car door for me, pull the chair for me or pays for my meals (on the 5th date he can pay for my meal). But I think most girls would expect from you to pay for them.

What Guys Said 1

• You only feel its courteous because society tells you it is acceptable to be old-fashioned.

And a good majority of women our age, these days feel like they are entitled for men to pay for the 1st date and most dates. Hell, they expect them too practically--UNLESS, they are the ones that asked the guy out first.