Does anyone else feel that dating in high school is pointless?

Does it all just seem fake to anyone else? Or am I just having really bad luck? Because it seems to me that every relationship I've had in high school so far has been very superficial, and has gone nowhere at all. It seems that no one can be real enough to have a true relationship. Dating just seems to be done for popularity and social status.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely agreeeed...I didn't even date anyone until my senior year, and that was just pointless. College definitely has a more "real" sense of dating...as long as you're not in it just to hook up with random people. But I definitely think it's more so for the social status in high school!

What Girls Said 2

• i think it is useless, its nice to go through puberty and experiment meeting the opposite sex, I think dating in high school is fine, as long as you don't get to intimate and have control over your hormones, but for kids these days to go to extreme lengths and celebrate 1 month anniversaries and talk about marriage and being in love it just makes me laugh.

• Exactly. Or for making out. I don't think there really are relationships in high school any more

What Guys Said 1

• *looks both way*

It's all super-duperficial. Honestly, even in college, it can be mostly superficial. Kids think they're so mature, so grown up, so cool to be dating that young, when really it's all just for sh*ts and giggles.