He canceled our date via email?

In his email he said that he had to work and couldn't make it and ended it with next time? I responded a few hours later when I read the email with sure. Because I do want to see him again despite the rudeness of emailing to cancel the day of the date.

The thing that puzzles me is that it seemed like he went out of his way to ask me out...repeatedly. Yet, he cancels. This was suppose to be out second date by the way.

It's been a day. He hasn't responded to my email reply, or tried to contact me any other way. Should I contact him again? Or would that make me seen desperate?

Also, his fb status said, moving on. I'm assuming that is meant for me.

I want to see him again :(

update: He texted me and made small talk, but nothing progressed from that

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say,that for whatever reason he's not showing that much interest.And it is very probable that it has NOTHING to do with YOU. The fact is,even if someone had to cancel a date,for whatever reason,IF they are eager to see you,they will make it a point to reschedule to see you hopefully sooner than later. Don't contact him again...if he wants to speak with you he knows your information. Other than that, go out and live your life and find someone new.Move on from him...you will probably be glad you did. :)

• He did reschedule...then canceled again. but this time, I'm done with him. twice is enough

• Good for you girly! Don't be anyones doormat! Just say NEXT! :)

What Guys Said 7

• Pull back - if you keep pursueing you're gonna come off desperate.

Your best option is to send him a "thinking of you message"

Most people think that means: "Hey I just thought of you, have a good day"

Here's a correct example: "I'm headed to get lunch, I'd like it if you'd join"

Rather than asking him to join - etc - you are saying what you feel and leaving it at that.. "I want you to join" is a lot different than saying: "Will you join me?".. It has more of a confident demeanor while it still communicates: "Hey I'm interested"

Other than that - you COULD play games; but why play games with a guy that has already showed you his lack of interest? Afterall, you said he tried SOOOOO hard to get close to you, only to cancel the date? Maybe out of fear (realizing he was starting to fall for you too quickly) but you can't go around pampering this guy's ego your whole life.. Let him be a man and come to you; though it's commendable if you can show him your not bothered by what he did.

~ ArtistBBoy

• You could send him another email saying "I'm not sure you got my email, but still hope we can go out. Let me know."

I think his emailing you to cancel a date was pretty "lame" on his part.

• It was lame, I completely agree. but wouldn't my sending him another email make me seem desperate? I want to avoid that

• Sounds like he's made up his mind. Anyone who would end it on an e mail message isn't worth wasting time on imao.

• Become a `scarce resource'. Let him pursue you. If he fails to do so, then move on. How long you wait for this to happen is up to you.

• Sounds like he's going about this on his leisure. I think you should do the same.

• lame

• If he is really into you he will contact you and reschedule if he is really busy ... you can let him know you are interested and wait for him to contact you if he doesnt...he changed his mind

• But how do I let him know I'm still interested?

What Girls Said 8

• Just leave it be and wait a couple of days then contact him. Unfortunately an email to cancel a date isn't something that's unheard of or really considered a "rude" thing in society in this generation. It definitely is inconsiderate of someone to cancel via email or text regardless but that shows how technology is today and how people use it to do their dirty work for them in a way. I wouldn't take his status too seriously because you guys are only on your second date and it sounds like you haven't done anything wrong. Just wait it out and see what happens. Contact him in a couple of days but don't bring up a second date unless he does. If he doesn't then leave it be and move on and find a guy who is worth your time.

• Don't contact him. He's probably expecting you to. So when he doesn't hear from you, he will most likely contact you. When he asks you out again, say, "it makes me feel good that you're asking me, but last time when you canceled it made me feel disrespected and disappointed. I don't like feeling that way." If he doesn't do anything different after that, then take his advice and "move on" as well :)

• Please don't do anything more, he seems egotistical...that's what some guys do run aftr you and as soon as you respond they play games. That's just not nice.

• leave it as it is... he just wana have his ego satisfied, never give him this chance...when he feels that he wana see and contact you he will do whatever it takes to fulfill this. if not ignore him and make him understand that you are not that desperate to see him.

• Seems like this guy doesn't know what he wants. Either move on yourself, or just be forward with him and ask him if he's been avoiding me.

A third option could be jokingly asking "Hey, what's up with the cancelling? I don't bite ;)" A little flirtous and unconventional but might work.

• Move on girl. Is clear as water. He is not into you. As hard as that may be to accept. Is the truth. At times, not getting what we want is a stroke of luck...you are being spared from greater heart-ache. Keep your dignity.

• If he's being distant, then you do the same. Never pursue, that's they're job because it makes you a bigger catch

• f it. Leave him alone. If he's not letting you know he's still interested in you, then why should you give him the satisfaction of knowing that you are still interested in him? I wouldn't take ArtistBboy's advice about the thinking of you message. No message is all this guy deserves. If this guy does catch on fire and ask you out again, keep your eye on him, it doesn't sound like he knows what he wants.