Dude drunk texted me and said he wanted me, then took it back. OPINIONS?

I'm really confused and pissed. I liked this guy for a while a year ago and he knew I liked him but always blew me off and nothing ever came of it. We remained acquaintances and hung out once or twice a year. Lately we've been texting that we need to hang out soon because we hung out in September and had a great time.

I texted him when I was drunk but I just started off with, "Hey, we really need to hang out again." And he texted back that he was really drunk somewhere too and that we should hang out and then proceeded to tell me we should be together and that he wants me. I was really happy and then the next day he said he was just wasted and he has no feelings for me. If you had NO feelings for someone why would being drunk make you suddenly say that sh*t to someone you consider your platonic friend? I guess we can't even be friends after this garbage.

Any opinions?

If any guys have ever done this to girls I'd like to hear your take on this

Most Helpful Girl

• When guys get drunk they get really horny and more often than not will say anything to try to get with you.

Also, of course, being drunk makes most of us say things we don't mean or would never even think of saying.

It's pretty lame that this had to happen to you, but you just have to move on past it. There's not much you can do, he was being drunk and stupid.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmm I've never done something like that but maybe something similar when I was younger. The way I see it is he could have been drunk and wanted to set up some kind of booty call, which would make him pretty much a douche and like Guacamole said you can do better than that.

Or maybe he pulled a retard move (this is what I've done), maybe gotten drunk and said something they mean at some level. Then realize they put themselves out there and immediately try to backtrack from that comment. It's like a self sabotage thing where he could possibly thought she doesn't like me like that or she'll think I'm an idiot now so I better "fix" what I said.

Now like I've said I've backtracked from some stuff I said before with girls but what this guy said was really extreme it wasn't just a bad flirting thing gone poorly. Maybe the best thing to do is just ask him face to face if possible what is up and if he really didn't mean it. If he says no again, oh well his loss.

• Sorry, but this guy sounds like an idiot. What he did was not only stupid and careless, it was cruel, too. People shouldn't f*** with other people's feelings. Period.

You sound like a sweet person who deserves better. Go find better (it shouldn't be that difficult).

• Thanks! Yeah, I really don't know what his deal is. He's in his early 20s and to my knowledge has never had a girlfriend possibly due to being afraid of being tied down. I thought he could have feelings for me but doesn't want to bother with it. I should mention I also have a boyfriend who I was in the process of breaking up with and he brought that up, but I still don't think this jerk would have bothered with me. I'll never know. It sucks cause we get along fantastically.

What Girls Said 3

• yes.. somewhat. like that.. The next day he was really rude. Acted like a total jerk.

• i think that its not worth it,he was drunk so he doesn't know what he was doing or saying and you knew he dodn't like you like that only as a friend.

• "Drunk words are sober thoughts"

And sorry to say but since you started it by texting him while YOU were drunk first, and finding out that he was too at a party or something. You pretty much opened yourself up for that stuff to happen with him...