Who would you date and would you?

would you ever date somebody in the military? due to the many deployments that I have had it has made it hard to just date one girl. don't get me wrong, I have had one night stands but it would be nice just to meet someone... so would you date someone like me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating a guy in the military and we live on opposite sides of the border (Canada/US) which makes it even harder. It can be done but it's not easy and takes a lot of work. Communication is KEY. It depends on how serious and committed you are to making the relationship work. Trust is a big thing because we are apart a lot. I have to trust that when he is on deployment or dets he's not going to want to sleep around with the girls he meets at bars and he has to do the same to me. My boyfriend is in the Navy so his deployments are 6 months every 1.5 years. That's slightly more manageable to me than if he were away for 1+ year. I made it clear that if we ever had a future, I couldn't have him be away all the time and he understands that so he's willing to get out after his term is up.

It's possible. You just have to meet the right person.

What Girls Said 3

• I would give it a try, but it will depend on you because is not going to be easy first of all because of your situation, but if you are willing to dedicate your self only to this girl you must develop a good trust between the 2 of you because is not going to be easy being away that much and communication to so you guys can talk but yeah it can be done =)

• I would MAYBE but I would be very cautious in case he got deployed. if we fell in love I would like for him to ask me to marry me that way we could be together. but no sense in me getting my heart invested if he's gonna be deployed soon anyway. I'm actually a former military brat and that's how my parents ended up together and they have been together for 20+ years so it could work lol

• probably not because it would be too hard

What Guys Said 1

• I know I'm not a girl and you probably don't really care what I say because it doesn't pertain to you, but I could never date someone in the military. I value quality time too much and deployment time they were away would be something I'd rather avoid having to deal with if possible.