What's the difference between a guy and girl hanging out and a date ?

example : they say it's a hangout but its just the two of you going to a movie is that a date?

What Guys Said 1

• I consider hanging out with

a person of the opposite

sex that you're

interested/attracted to as

psuedodating. It has all the

qualifiers as a date, but

without the expectations.

Dating is more of a specific

agreement between the

two parties that there is

mutual interest (in each other, not the activity)and

they want to see if this

interest continues when

they get to know each

other bette...

What Girls Said 1

• no no no that is not a date they are just hanging out as friends. I do it all the time we will go out to eat and all that talk laugh and have fun but that is all that is ...unless some flirting or mild touching is going on then there might be something else brewing there lol

• well that's the part that confuses me it was our first hangout alone together, we decided to watch a movie together he paid for everything, and insisted that I should lay on his arm. He also put his hand on my leg and when we said goodbye he picked me up and hugged me and insisted we should hang out again next week

• be real and ask his intentions so you can figure out if yall feel the same way because if he thinks one thign is going on and you think another things can get pretty messy real quick