Is inviting a girl over to watch a movie or some season of something a good first hang out idea?

I haven't asked her out yet. I was gonna ask her today if she wanted to come over. She's a big t.v. buff and loves Weeds and Supernatural, which I happen to have. But knowing she loves these,l I still feel like she might get bored. I've thought about the movies but you hardly talk in there. Its windy out so I don't know about the outdoors... I wanna ask her out today :D Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• invite her over to watch the movie. but also play some board games

What Girls Said 5

• Weelllll...i personally get pretty bored of just being asked to come over and watch a movie.

Especially for a first date! I don't know what kind of guy you are/what kind of girl she is buuttttttt I say the first date should be something more fun that involves talking and getting to know each other. Plus, if you can make the girl laugh or smile she will probably want to hang out again!

• Well, I'm the kind of girl that is into that kinda date. You have both already seen them, correct? So eventually one of you will start talking about something involving the show and get into a discussion. Then, as time moves on you will forget you were watching the show and move on to other topics covering the whole point of talking during a first date.

• I think it would be fun. It's less formal than actually going to the movies so you can chat more! :) Good luck kiddo!

• No. I would not go to a guy's house to watch a movie the first time we hung out, I would just think you were looking for sex and didn't think I was good enough to take on an actual date. Plus I would be putting myself in a very vulnerable situation being alone with you in your house especially when I barely know you. Try putting some effort in it, you can hang out and watch TV after you've got to know each other better.

• She'll get bored easily if you watch stuff she's already seen. So take her out. Do something fun. Go bowling or skating or something like that where you can have fun and talk.

What Guys Said 0