Internet dating site?

So I got curious and decided to make a profile on an internet dating website. I met a few guys very quickly and now I'm having second thoughts on meeting them... partly because I don't wanna get kidnapped or anything and partly because I'm not sure if my friends or family would approve. The guys who wanna meet me are all like, 3-5 years older than me (I'm 18) which is not so bad but it's different for me. Also, one guy has a kid, another guy smokes weed, and these are things that are unheard of in my group of friends.

What do you think? Should I agree to meet them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most certainly not. Stop and think about this very carefully; first consider who you are. You are young and inexperienced at dating altogether. You are using the Internet to meet people; the virtual bad-lands. If someone tells you that they are using drugs and you know good and well that you are completely clueless about this activity and it's culture, you already know the right answer to this question. I know you want to learn about things that interest you, but please consider the cost. You sound like a fine quality young lady. The influence of the poorly informed and misguided are not what your parents have taught you to value. They love you, so they ask that you use good judgement in all of your choices. Not to make them feel better, but to protect you from regret. Regret that you will surely have after you have allowed a person without good moral standards and honorable considerations to become close to you without supervision. Don't rush this dating thing, seek lots of good consul before you make any decision. And don't go out with anyone you (and your parents) don't know very well.

• Thank you. Please, trust your parents. They know what you are going through, they have been there before. Times may have changed, but the dangers remain the same.

What Guys Said 1

• If those are the things that bother you then internet dating is probably something you shouldn't bother doing.

What Girls Said 2

• you would really have second thoughts on that but you can try meeting them in a public place where there are lots of people because this would help you ease your fear. One thing more the internet dating site where you met them should be reputable

• Hey! I wanna tell you that dating online is also a new thing for myself. It is exciting and fun to meet guys online. so I just want to share some things that I learned over the course of the months that I been usign the online dating site: be picky! This is the moment where you get to pick and choose the ones that are decent, if there is something you don't like about them you can move on to the next! it is as easy as it gets! when it comes to the actually meeting ALWAYS meet some place where there are lots of people, like a coffee shop or go out have dinner. ALWAYS bring your own transportation, don't let the guy go to your house, this is to prevent someone from kidnapping you. and ALWAYS let someone know that you are going out on a date, maybe a close friend if you don't want to tell your family members about it, but let a friend know where you are going. those are golden rules, I always follow them! Now when it comes to telling people that you are on a dating site, there is nothing to be ashamed about, there are a lot of people who do it. I started dating online because it is easier and more convenient, my family knows about it and even my friends! I have a friend who actually introduced me to an online dating site! so there is nothing to worry about! have fun in the process but always be careful, there are creeps out there and you can't always be certain who you actually meet. and finally, don't worry too much about age, I'm 20 years old and I usually aim at 24-25 year old guys.. why? because they tend to know what they want in life and they know what their goals in life are, which in contrast to someone my age, they usually don't even know what they want in life; I say this from experience because these are the type of guys I want to date, the older ones! its all about what you want and what you are looking for! With that being said have fun and good luck!