Would you date a guy that's been in jail?

Does his criminal history matter?

• Yes
  • No way
  • It depends what for
  • Only if it was in his past

Most Helpful Girl

• depends what for, I can deal with any petty crimes that was just a once off but anything like murder, peodofilea, etc. I would have to say no way

What Guys Said 3

• Well, do you mean jail or prison? Jail is short term for people who just made a mistake, maybe got into a car accident while driving home after a few drinks, or were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wouldn't hold being in jail against someone. Prison however is another story. Prison is defined as a sentence of at least 366 days for committing a felony, and that WOULD be a deal breaker for me. This is of course assuming it were a girl and not a guy.

• ofcourse it matters, specailly if it was for a long time, now if he had a ticket and forgot to pay it off and he was in there till him mom bailed him out, thas a diffrent story. that could happen to any of us. but if he is a criminal, even if he is a b!tC#. he's gona this that he's badd ass and try to start $#!t with everyone.

• what kind of crime that you're talking about ,how long he've been in jail ,

What Girls Said 9

• Depends what for, but chances are if you're in jail, you've done something serious. I'd rather just date a guy without worrying that he might get some kind of urge to commit a crime.

• Well I agree with everyone else lol, it depends for what.

And even if it was bad, I might give it a chance if he seemed really regretful, like it was a one-time thing and he felt really bad.

• It really depends on what 4? I mean if it was 4 not payin a parkin ticket on time then that's ok but if it was atempted murder then it's completely different

• yes it matters because if he killed or raped a girl, that would scare me to not want to be with him

• Depends what he did. If it wasn't too bad and he genuinely regretted it then yet. If he does whatever he got jailed for again, he's gone.

• I would not date a guy that been in jail, I don't know if he will do what he did again before he go to jail.

• Actualy my previous ex was sent to jail for stealing from our job.

• It just depends. But sometimes it could be no way

• It depends on what he has done, but I know I will never date one