Should I tell him I like him?

I've liked this guy for over a year. He's become one of my closest friends and we've basically been dating except without the officialness, as in we're practically attached at the hip and we go out on "dates". He has a girlfriend. I feel dishonest hanging out with him even though I really enjoy every moment. I'm trying to distance myself but I don't want to just leave him hanging without an explanation. Should I tell him I like him? I don't expect anything to change - but if the situation were reversed, I would want to know and I really respect him as a friend. What do you think?

What Guys Said 1

• Relationships founded on cheating. Not a good idea.

What Girls Said 1

• NO.

He has a girlfriend. You do nothing. You need to respect his relationship.

You do not go on "dates" since you aren't a couple. You're just friends. It's called hanging out. You're probably the only one who feels like it's a date.

• I'm not the one who feels like they are dates,.I thought we were just hanging out but some friends said that we are essentially going on "dates." I'm trying to respect his relationship by distancing myself. I tried to just stop hanging out with him but he felt hurt and wants to know why. He's my best friend- I don't want to just ignore him. That's why I'm trying to figure out if I should just be honest with him.

• You could tell him how you feel but don't expect him to leave his girlfriend for you. Just say that you respect that he's in a relationship but you have feelings for him and you're willing to stop hanging around him if that makes him uncomfortable. Good luck!