If you could get rid of one dating rule or game completely...

If you could get rid of one dating rule or game completely, what would it be (feel free to explain why)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would get rid of the social awkwardness that people seem to have. I can understand taking things slow in order to find out if the person is real or not. But if I feel comfortable enough to talk to you, but I can't because there's some sort of "keep your distance" rule? That's annoying. I don't want to stand around talking small talk because it doesn't mean much. I would like to talk about meaningful things, not about filler topics. It just seems like there are dumb steps that you have to follow when meeting people. You can't be too comfortable with yourself because it seems like it actually throws people off. I don't know, maybe I'm just really confident when it concerns me or my abilities. Or the rest of the world has a poor image of themselves?...who knows.

What Guys Said 3

• The rule that there are rules when dating. Who cares? What is this a job interview? If a girl is gonna bust my balls cus I forgot to "beat around the bush" she ain't gonna burn a hole in my wallet, that's for dam sure.

• Guys are supposed to approach girls. Probably wouldn't help me anyway.

• that the guy always has to initiate everything single damn thing with a girl, start the conversation and keep it alive, call or text her first, ask her out, overall, everything, etc.

What Girls Said 4

• The rule that men can have sex on the first date but that women are easy for it. I don't think I could ever do that myself, but it irks me to know that in this day in age, that double standard is still alive and well. It causes so many more problems than there needs to be and is actually a major reason in why many women have sexual hangups.

• The whole "being a challenge" thing. It's so taxing.

• waiting a few days before calling. this goes for both guys and girls. I think if you're really into a girl or a guy, then show it. don't try to hide it

• -no bragging about how sexual experienced you are

-no making fun of the other person if they are not that sexually experienced

-don't try to make one another jealous (this one sucks!)

-don't play mind games of yeah I like you but yeah I really don't

-gee... don't lie periode

-I'm not sure what else

HATE HATE HATE dating.

yeah I guess everyone has their own experiences.