Would you go out with an intelligent/clever girl or guy?

Questions 2: Would You ever choose brains over looks?

Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks matter. There isn't really a point in being in a relationship whose looks turn you off. However, you don't have to be "stunningly gorgeous", you just have to be attractive, and "attractiveness" is truly in the eye of the beholder, and even someone who "doesn't look like a model" can be found really attractive by guys.

Short story shorter:

Looks matter to an extent. But two people should be on a similar intelligence level, or they'll be unable to relate.

What Guys Said 8

• Well I love balance, good brain with good look = win. I really can not communicate with a dumb but beautiful girl which is silly itself. But I can communicate with a not so bad looking girl and a great mind which is really better than the first example. This is how it goes to me, some others see it the opposite but brain changes slowly with age, but look changes rapidly with time. See if a girl stays gorgeous at looks at the 60 of her age but she can stay intelligent till the age of 60.

• I'm not sure if I'd ever consciously choose one over the other, but I like smart girls :)

There are a lot of girls who I could say are physically attractive in some way or another, but you're not going to meet many that have MENSA-level IQs, so that would definitely stand out to me in a positive way.

At the extreme, if I had to choose between a near-genius woman and a supermodel, my natural instinct would probably be to go for the former. Intelligence is somewhat rarer than beauty so that makes it more of a valuable asset in terms of biological fitness.

Of course, the missing variable is personality. I've met girls who were very smart and beautiful, but as cold as the Arctic sea...so that's not really going to work for me. If the personality traits aren't compatible enough, then nothing else really matters. The main reason I like smart girls to begin with is there's more you can talk to them about, and they can be more of a challenge, but that's assuming they also have the right personality characteristics.

• Yes and yes. Looks will get my attention, looks won't maintain a relationship. Minimal amounts of both are required in reality, if she doesn't have some looks, then I won't be attracted to her, if she has no substance to her, then we won't really go anywhere.

• Yes to the first question and no to the second.

• Looks are important but, check my posts. intelligence is king!

Regards,

Johno

• You need looks. So no.

• I'd go for the big chested, chubby, pasty white librarian. :)

• I would never date a smart girl because she'd know that I was lying when I said I was a doctor when I'm really just a garbage truck driver.

Answer: (Hold on. Let me see if I have a vagina or testicles...yep, I've got two testes) my answer is NO.

What Girls Said 6

• I just always assume whoever I end up with will be intelligent. I never thought about it any other way,

• Yes and yes? However, looks are important.

• depends on how "ugly" the guy is compared to how "stupid" the other one is.

personally I'd rather have a normal guy who falls in the middle of both rather that one of either extreme.

• I don't need a smart ass in my life, and I deferentially don't need a hot head ether. So more of a happy medium .

• ha ha NO!

• yes of course. but they can't be so smart that they cross the line into arrogance or make me feel stupid about myself