I want to date only to find the "one"?

I want to date only to find the "one" or something that can eventually end in marriage but I'm only 19 in college. I don't want to go out with a guy just to do it I have other things that could entertain me better than that. So should I just wait until I'm older and when guys are around their usual marrying age (25+)?

My dating range now is mostly 19-23 so would it be wishful thinking and lost hope to date guys now thinking they will take me seriously (as in long-term) being so young?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need the experience.

"why would I want to live in a series of rented appartments before I purchase the one that's gonna be "for life?"

Because you need the experience to identify what is and isn't a godo appartment, how not to be fooled by realstate agents, what are good and bad locations for appartments, how to mantain a property, etc. It's something like that.

Plus, if a girl meets "the one" at age 25, but he finds her to be an unexperienced, clumsy-at-relationships virgin, he might be turned off !

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe you'll find "the one" at school. When my parents got married, my mom was 22 and my dad was 20.

• no I'm the same way

• I mean you're near the ideal male marrying age so...

• yeah I just don't see the point in being in long relationships that are going nowhere so I tend to end it quick after getting to know them if I feel I could do better I just walk I like being single lots of people only stay with each other because they are afraid of being single I find that to be a huge turn off

What Girls Said 3

• Well I wouldn't shut out dating completely. You need to learn the ins and outs and dynamics of real relationships before you know when you've found the right one... And by then you'd know how to properly handle/address issues.

• I feel the samw aswell. I don't see the point in staying in relationships that go nowhere

• Be open to going on dates, a LOT of dates. But you don't have to commit to anyone you don't see yourself with years down the road.

Feel free to ask the big questions to know what a person wants in their life. Those questions are: What do you think about kids? What do you think of marriage? and the like. DON'T SAY "I think you and I could have kids and be married", you're asking their opinion.