Do guys always pay on the first date?

What if you know the guy is temporarily strapped for cash? Do you still let him pay? Is there any way I can help out and still let him be the man about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you are really concerned about it, order something cheap and just drink water, don't try and pick up the tab or even go dutch, he will feel like less of a man.

What Guys Said 3

• offer to pay, for sure...bring cash, that way you can say hey this ones on me...next time you can grab the bill...hand him over the the cash so you can "let him be the man about it"...that way it sets you up for a next date and he won't feel as bad, esp if it looks like he's paying...

• offer to pay, if he let's you, no biggie because you offered. if he insists then that's it let him pay and be done with it.

hope this helps

• I have been on many dates. Good dates I offer to pay. Bad dates, a lot of time the girl will offer to pay because she feels bad because I sucked. lol

If I feel that I will never see this girl again and usually she's just putting up a nice front, then I split the bill. I never make the girl pay for the entire meal ever.

What Girls Said 1

• i would pay for my half but wouldn't let him pay for both