He hangs with his girl friends?

is it normal to get jealous when my boyfriend hangs out with girl friends? I hate when he does. Like I feel like he'll cheat on me, or something might happen. Even though he's told me a hundred times I'm number one to him, and he'd choose me over them. What can I do to not let it bother me? I seriously hate him hanging out with other girls/

Most Helpful Girl

• Too many people are trying to pursue these opposite sex friendships and I don't get it. I see so many posts on here where people are only using it to get close to someone they would love to have sex with or a relationship with. There was a day not too long ago when opposite sex friendships were highly unlikely, at least when you were in a relationship. I cannot imagine any boyfriend of mine saying "cool" if I told him I was going to hang out with all my male friends. He would have thought something was up for sure.

So, this is not about your guy fooling around on you. From what you say, I doubt he is. However, this is about emotional intimacy and the fact that he has multiple girls in his life that he has an emotional relationship with. That is what opposite sex friendships are about. When guys hang out with guys, there is little to no emotional intimacy. There is guy code. You talk about 4 or 5 different acceptable subjects and that is it. When guys hang out with girls, it is about being able to share feelings and concerns in the long run. I don't blame you for being uncomfortable. Maybe he isn't ready for a full commitment to you. I would talk to him about it. I don't think couples should try and be their everything, and you both should spend time with friends, but I would not be comfortable with a boyfriend hanging with several other girls. It would be a deal breaker for me.

What Guys Said 1

• If he's hanging out with the girls when he could be with you, he's not choosing you over them. Most guys, if given the opportunity, will jump at the chance to sleep with an attractive girl. If his friends are hotties, you've definately have something to worry about.

What Girls Said 2

• your number one? so he has a number 2 and 3. Love, any girl would feel this way. In fact, kudos to you for probably being the only chick I know that could even stand that for a second. If it bugs you you just need to tell him that you can't get over it, and either he'll fix it or he won't. then You gotta decided if he doesn't fix it, if you want to continue dating him. Trust me, there are boyfriends out there that won't go hang out with other girls. You could at least compromise, tell him you wanna come if he really wants to that bad, and plus maybe you could score a few extra girl friends, and if he objects to that, I would say something is kinda fishy... hope that helps love.

• get to know the girls he's hanging out with once you know them maybe you will understand thier relationship better and won't feel like he is going to cheat on you, but I'm friends with a lot of guys and my now ex boyfriend tried to make me stop seeing them and it really hurt our relationship and my friendship with my guy friends