What age should you start dating?

I think 16 is OK to date, with a group of friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand how people put an age on something like dating. If two people like each other than why should anyone have the right to prevent them from dating? It just doesn't make sense to me. My first girlfriend wasn't allowed to date when I started going out with her and it was just annoying. It didn't stop us from doing anything, but she had to lie to her parents about it.

Having said that, there's also nothing wrong with not dating until your older. What if someone isn't ready or can't find a date when they're 16? That would be putting unnecessary pressure on people to start dating when in reality, many people don't have their first relationship until after high school.

What Guys Said 3

• Wait, how can you date a group of friends? Do you date a different one (girl or guy) on a different night? Or in the same night?

• I wasn't aware there was an age limit. Is there a height restriction too?

• Whatever age you want.

What Girls Said 2

• i think it's a personal decision, sometimes affected by your parents' rules. but I see like high school freshmen dating and after a week they're saying they love each other, and then a week later they break up and the girl is like I'm so heartbroken I'm never dating him again because he will be the only boy I ever love! um, no. I think many kids today that do date are just doing it to be socially accepted. they don't truly see the meaning of dating/relationships. that comes with time and maturity. I didn't have my first boyfriend until my freshman year of college, and looking back, I'm glad I waited that long. I had time to mature and decide what type of person I wanted to date and create a meaningful relationship with.

but again, to each their own.

• i didn't start dating till I was 14 when I was a freshman in highschool, 16 is a good age, I would have probably waited later so I was much more focused on school