Do any of you guys believe that your first boyfriend could be your last?

Lately I've been seeing many couples & know many couples who are married to their first boyfriend or girlfriend. My grandparents are quite a good example. They are still together believe it or not, after 42 years. But do you think maybe your first boyfriend/ girlfriend could possibly be your last, and be together for many years in the future? Just want to see other people's views on this topic..

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. But I think it was easier for people our parents and grandparents' ages to fall in love and stay in love with their high school sweethearts. Everything was so much less complicated, back then, in my opinion.

• Thanks for BA. I'm sure it can happen today, but just not for the majority of people. Good luck finding love! :)

What Guys Said 1

• I'm 24, and have never been involved with a girl before, in any way. But, I'm very observant, self-aware, and I know what I want. I do believe my first girlfriend will be my last, but if she isn't, it's not going to be a big deal for me.

What Girls Said 3

• i agree with enchanted.. things were less complicated back then. personally, I don't know anyone who is with/dating their first love. it didn't work with me and my first love, personally. also you may have to ask yourself what love really is. it may turn out that I may have not been in love with my ex--that I will really truly fall in love with another guy. I don't know if that really makes sense lol.. but I guess I'm trying to say you could technically marry your first love if they are the first you love the way you do :)

• whoa lol I didn't read that at all :P well, like you see, I talked about first loves instead of first boyfriends/girlfriends! oh well, hope that gives you a different perspective :)

• It really depends on how a person thinks. If they believe they need more than one boyfriend to experience love then that is up to that person. Love changes so it can constantly get stronger, if the person decides to do that with another person and not their first bf then that's up to them. I believe everyone is different and everyone thinks in different ways, which in then controls how they will perceive their relationships. There is no set rule and it's up to the person to decide who is worth their time and effort.

• I'm curious about this too. but if you check questions like how many exes or how many people did you sleep with? It is usually like 2-11+ they have slept with at like age of 22 or something... my best friend slept with maybe around 5, my sister slept with like 4, I slept only with the hubby, my best guy friend slept with 8, my girlfriend's now boyfriend slept with 8, my other friends I met in charlotte slept with 12+ and they are all around the age of 22. so most people know have slept with around 2+ people by the time they are around the age of 22 and ready to possibly think marriage/long term.