Texting... Guys Question ;)

Do guys really care if a girl doesn't text them back right away? Are they like waiting for the reply text or do they even give a crap!? Us girls think we're totally messing with you and playing hard to get but do you guys even really care?

Most Helpful Guy

• i actually just stare into the phone, with clothespins on my eyelids, just waiting for that next text.

Sometimes I forget to shower, shave, and goto work.

My life depends on that text. Her reply back to me is the most important thing in my life.

Its like a drug.

ITs validating, id rather wait by that phone then hang out with friends, eat or have a life.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't care if she's not replying because she's busy, or because she doesn't have her phone, or her service sucks, or whatever reason. That being said, if I get the feeling she's deliberately playing games and waiting to text me back, I'll lose interest.

• It bugs the hell out of me. If a girl liked me and it was obvious to her that I felt the same way back it just makes me question things when she takes forever to respond or doesn't respond at all.

Guys don't like mind games, just like girls don't. If you like a guy and you know he likes you then just text him like normal. Don't be too obnoxious about it, but at the same time I'm sure he wouldn't mind texting you all day if he's not too busy.

• Yes I do care, I don't like it when girls do this, but that's the game. This is the lesson I've learned, If I texted more than once in two days without her replying, it can mean that I'm insecure, I'm not in control of the situation and I have to much feelings for her.

I feel that she suddenly rejected me and she going to miss out on a lot of experiences that can only come from me.

I hate the feeling of anxiety. The only way to remove it is to know that there are 3 billion women in the world that appreciates a guy texting them/flirting with them.

• My opinion is..it depends. Nice guys like me do care and it's really frustrating when I text a girl and I don't get a reply. I can understand she might be busy. Waiting for couple of hours is fine. But if she takes days to reply or call me back it is not acceptable. Its just 160 characters! how long does it take to type that even if she is busy!? I have a very good friend of mine. I know she "likes" me but not sure if she would want to be my girlfriend. She has this habit of not replying. I have fought with her several times. Recently she has been up to it again. But when I asked why she ain't replying she said she had been busy and she prefers to talk to me rather than text. So I told her I ain't texting her any more. Now I am wondering if she is playing hard to get like you or if she's not interested at all.

• I often don't even have my cell on. You want to talk to me call my landline.

Also, no. Not really. You get back to us when you get back to us. I'm usually doing a benchpress or working on a car, occasionally playing video games in the meantime. Probably depends on the confidence level of the dude, though. I could see an insecure dude having issues but that's about it.

• Ya know what playing hard to get feels like from a blokes point of view don't you? It feels like playing games and ya MUST know where that gets ya. Nowhere!

Sorry honey but it is the truth.

Regards,

johno

• playing hard to get actually does work more than being open and honest. I've learnt the hard way.

• No, I don't really care because I'll just text another girl who isn't busy.

• well if the guys into you then yes it sucks ass but if he's either gay or hates you no its not annoying

• I actually do care, and it can be really frustrating. I do not recommended it because then we get bored of waiting and possibly just text another girl. so basically playing hard to get is fine, just not through text messages.

• i cud care less because I'm prob playing xbox or doing something and I don't really check mah phone like that anyways I text back like ever few min unless its mah girl I like then you no ima care

• But if you and the chick were like talking you would care right?

• oy yea ofcourse I don't usaly blow off a text unless its like something serious can't say off the top of my head I'm just not into my phone like veryone is about text msg...like most of the time my girl will call and be like you can't text back while laughing...and ill just simply say I feel asleep because I play like 4 differnt sports in skool so I love taking naps :] Rugby,basketball,track,football

• That's hot ;) haha

• It winds me right up. If a girl doesn't text me back relativly quickly... Then the cogs seriously do start turning.

I don't mind at all, if they're with company, working etc... But if its a conversation type thing it can be annoying when it seems like your playing games :P

That said, I'd never voice my concern to her!

What Girls Said 1

• Men usually care more about what is in the message, more so than how fast you replied.

Don't deliberately put him off, unless you're driving or doing something, but don't put off a text for the sake of playing hard to get. The truth is, they don't care how fast you text back. If you take hours to respond, and you don't say much, then its going to read like you aren't interested and he's gonna move on.

• no your not right we aren't right we also do care about the time

• i disagree I would say if a guy really likes you and has a high interest in you they will be sitting by the phone waiting for your response and might text back sumthin like "u fall asleep or sumthin" (DONT TXT BACK BEFORE SHE REPLIES GUYS)

• That is like, the biggest turn off. If I don't reply for a bit, I'm busy.

Like I said way before, its not that a man doesn't care at all about the timing, but men usually care more about what is said, and they take it at face value. Women tend to read way more into the length of time it takes to respond.