Can I change his mind?

so I have fallen for my best guy friend. we have known each other for 2 yrs. I finally got up the courage to tell him and he said he felt the same. we have slept together a few times since then. before I told him he was pushing me to tell him. I dated his friend a year ago for like a week and he keeps telling me because of that he won't date me. his friend and I don't have any feelings for each other anymore. its just that I really like him and we are really close.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him to tell you why he won't actually date you. Because if he's willing to have sex with you, and you dated his friend. Dating you shouldn't be an issue.

• see I have asked that question and he said that with sex we both get something out of it and dating is more intimate and because I dated his friend he doesn't want to ruin his friendship with him

• You say you went out with his friend for a week. What the hell is he going to ruin there? He's using bullsh*t excuses. You can't change his mind. As he has already set where you stand at. And that's just for a piece of ass. You made a mistake falling for this guy.

What Girls Said 1

• it's an excuse. He wants to have sex with you but he doesn't want to commit to you. In guy world, having sex with a chick your friend dated is just as bad if not worse than just going on dates with her. It has nothing to do with his friend. He doesn't want to be tied down with you. Don't sleep with him anymore.