How many people have met someone from online?

Share your story!

• Nope, but I'm open to it
  • Yep, bad decision
  • Never, people are crazy
  • Yes, meet someone great (friend or gf/bf)
  • Hell yeah, I f*** her/him all night

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I've met tons of people off the Internets. In fact, I met my first serious boyfriend online. We met in a chatroom and it turned out we lived a town over from each other. We eventually met in person and dated for 5 years.

Since then, I've met a number of different people.

When I first moved to the city I live in now, I didn't know anyone and had trouble making friends, so I started hanging out in a regional chatroom. I met one girl and started hanging out with her, and then we started throwing parties and inviting the other people who frequented the chatroom to join us. Now we're all friends in person and hang out all the time.

I've met a few people who were a little strange, or who I just didn't connect with on any level, but for the most part, everyone has just been regular, nice people and I haven't really met any crazies.

What Guys Said 2

• Not through a dating site, but I was trying to track down an old friend and used Facebook to ask around. I was referred to someone else WHO WAS ALSO looking to find my old friend, she was his girlfriend 30 years ago and I remembered her very well. I used to date her best friend. WE DID locate the lost friend (married with 3 kids) but she and I had so many shared memories, we're both divorced, and now found such great chemistry. So far we can't see enough of each other, have a wonderful emotional relationship and sex is phenomenal.

• I've been using online dating for 5 years now on multiple online dating sites and women never view my profile or reply to me. So none.

I'm a 9.5 on hotornot.com and the only people contacting me are 40 year old gay guys.

Women are so shallow that they won't even reply "No thanks".

What Girls Said 3

• I've met a few people from online. One of them wasn't exactly bad, but I don't talk to him anymore...we went to the movies one time and he paid for my noodles. The other one...well he likes me but I don't feel the same way. We still talk.

There is one person I really wanted to meet, but he lives in Arkansas...We've known each other for almost 4 years now. And even though he broke my heart in a way, it brought me back to reality and I still hope to see him in person one day. We talk every now and then.

• Naw I just talk to people, who wanna talk .

• ive met a couple of friends on the net through shared interests in different organisations.