Girls: how important are the first texts?

so here's the scenario...you go out, you meet some guy, he asks for your number which you give...

how important are the first texts? I.e. are you likely to lose interest if they're boring texts like just hi, how are you etc.or does it not matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're actually more important than I had previously thought (to me at least). I'm an outgoing person and It's important to me that the guys I date are also outgoing and can have good conversation. Before my boyfriend and I got together, I met a guy through mutual friends and gave him my number. After that, the conversations were extremely boring. Just Hi, how are you, 1 word answer type things. I tried to bring him out of his shell, make interesting conversation, and give it a few days of texting, but we just weren't meshing at all.

Soon after I met my boyfriend who I had amazing, interesting convo with right off the bat. He put in effort and it was like night and day. I quickly lost interest in meeting up with the first guy at all.

What Girls Said 5

• First texts and making sure you text on a regular basis is extremely important! It shows the girl that you are interested. Of course you first have to say, hey what's up. like those type of icebreakers, but soon after you should come on a topic that you can comment on or joke about. If you guys have some time of chemistry or things of common interest, texting/conversations should come easy. Just take the initiative and text her. if she said she's watching a movie you can comment and be like oh that movie was great I liked...instead of responding with cool. I hope you understand what I'm saying ha. Hope that sorta helped.

• I personally think it depends on how interested she was in you in the first place. If she was really stoked about meeting you, and was really interested in you, then any text (regardless what it says) is going to peak her interest or excite her anyway. The first text doesn't have to be a pick up line or anything whimsical for that matter. What really matters, if you want to keep things flowing, if you're really interested in her, is to A) show her that and B) keep the conversation interesting. Like I said the first initial text...not such a big deal; it's what goes on there after!

• If he takes forever to text me in the first place, I would lose interest.

• If I was interested I would just be happy with the fact that you are texting me. As long as you can keep the conversation going it's all good. But no one word answers, they are so annoying and you can come across as being disinterested.

• I don't get bored with "boring" texts. But I will lose interest if you don't text me within the first 2 days

What Guys Said 0