Would you date a girl if you knew that she dealt with depression?

Say you met this girl that you like but she revealed to you that she had depression (or was on depression medication). Would you still want to date her or would you back off?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say in principle I don't see why a guy wouldn't do so. However, I think it would also depend on how the girl deals with it, and the degree to which the depression affects her. If I didn't know her well I'd probably suggest hanging out for a while without really dating first, if just to get a sense of what I'd be getting myself into if we did start dating.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't see a problem with it. Working through it is good. It really depends on the cause of the depression and how the girl deals her the pain.

What Girls Said 1

• Frankly, I think most people have some sort of anxiety or depression these days, I'm sure no guy would hold it against a girl.