Would you date a guy with a kid?

I have a daughter but I only get to see her one weekend a month. She lives with her mom.

Would you date a guy in this situation or is it too much baggage?

Most Helpful Girl

• be a little more confident in yourself, and do something to boost your selfesteem (i.e run a mile, or hit the gym, football). yes, women do date men with baggage, and when you meet one and if she truly cares she won't mind the fact that you have a daughter, because she has motherly genes within her, it's what makes women nuturing blah blah blah. I'll let you in on a secret, if you go to a bookstore with you're kid, bring her to the child's section and read to her, women notice that in a positive way...just saying

• I go to the gym every day. Its not a selfesteem problem, I was just wondering. And there is no way I'd use my daughter to try to pick up girls...that's just wrong lol.

• lol it's not using, you're going there to read to her, I didn't say to go hit on women and leave your child behind, you don't even have to pay attention to other women, they'll notice you because you're giving off the dad vibe, and they like that. Oh well then if you were wondering chances are you'll find someone, good luck :-)

What Girls Said 8

• Right now probably not because of my age. After college I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Yes I would date a guy with a child and have..But I do have once and from the experience I will Def get he full scoop on baby mama and follow my gut on that situation. I am a single mom and so I know how it is. But I don't have baby daddy drama cause he is not around but I know there are some interesting Baby Mama's out there..

GOOD LUCK

• It wouldn't bother me... as long as the break up between the parents is done in a way, that I have even a chance as the new partner. And if I would want any children (in a stable relationship) I wouldn't want to hear the sentence "nah, sorry, I already have a child".

• i think it depends on a woman's age but I think there are more single ladies out there willing to give a single father a chance than single men willing to give a single mother a chance.

• yeah, I've dated a guy with a kid before, it was a bit weird at first but you just get used to it, how olds your daughter?

• id be fine with it,

• no. too much baggage. Like other people pointed out, at this point in my life, I'm not ready for any responsibility like children

• Just to point out. You'd have basically zero interaction with the child. The guy would only see her one weekend a month.

• Yeah I understand that. But it's still a child that needs attention and love from both parents. And if I'm going to be in the guy's life, then I would also like to be in his daughter's life. Not as a mother figure, but as a friend

• I want to say no, but I think if I truly liked the guy and thought we had something Id be willing to give it a try.

What Guys Said 2

• i would say no iv got a duaghter aswell. me and my girlfriend split and I found some one else so I would say it shouldn't affect the girl you are after unless they are just sellfish and you should neva think of your own blood as to much baggage sorry if I sound rude there but my prencible is my daughter/family, girlfriend then freinds.

• I don't think he considered his daughter to be as "baggage" but just wanted to point out what other people might think of his daughter.

• y not give the guy a chance.