Calls all the time but never has anything to say?

My boyfriend calls me pretty often, like after he gets off work or after he gets out of class, but he only has one thing to say to me and I don't have anything to say back but "okay" most of the time, and then we just sit there in silence for 5 minutes before he finally says goodbye. Like today, first he texted me about his final grade in a class and then two seconds later he called me and told me he hasn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday and asked me what I was going to do today and that was it.

I really don't understand why he feels he has to call me. He texts me like 5 page texts all the time too so it's not like he has some aversion to texting. I don't really want to be mean and tell him to stop calling me about stupid crap, I just wish I could understand why he does this

Most Helpful Guy

• The phone call was a hint to you, asking you to dinner, he is just being more subtle about it. Smart guy. You guys are young, used to talk on the phone a lot with some of my past girlfriends too, just something that happens if you can't see the other very often. Sometimes just hearing the voice can be nice from time to time too. It may seem stupid to you, but think it over, don't you do something similar back?

You know those jokes on TV where the woman is talking his ear off? That may seem a joke for the show/commercial but its actually true. A good relationship is about listening, that also helps you learn about the person, more details. So he didn't eat lunch, suggest you two go out. Talk about your day back to him, he's feeling like you don't care about what happens in this relationship and before long, he will feel pushed away and leave you. Listen to the inane things, comment back with something other than "okay" think of something similar that happened to you and let the words flow.

In the end it is no different than what women do to some guys and just talk their ear off about things guys thinks are stupid. Same idea, different gender...he wants to feel apart of the relationship.

What Guys Said 5

• "We could sit on the phone for three hours not sayin one word. and I would stiil cherish every moment, and when I start to build my future she's the main component. call it dumb call it uck call it love but whatever you call it I keep her picture in my pocket like here"

lol hope at least the first part helped... maybe he jusst likes to know your there?

• Maybe the chemistry isn't there? I can remember dating people and our conversations were similar to that. We could chat about a few things but then there was always awkward silence and neither of us knew what to talk about. There were other women I dated, including when I was dating my wife, that we could sit around and talk about random stuff for hours. Most of the time these women had many similar interests as me, unlike the others.

I rarely talked on the phone when I was dating, unless I wanted to say something that was too long to text. I'd rather be in person.

• He wants to talk to you...but you aren't helping the conversation at all. Seems like he's making an effort and you're not seeing it for what it really is.

• He calls you up and doesn't say anything? But it sound like this at least... "Gu...mmm...du...I, uh...nnm...kuku...giggidy, giggidy..."

He's either too nervous to talk or he has a stuttering problem. Or he just masterbating to your voice.

• He'll call me, tell me something that happened to him that takes less than a minute to say, then it's silence for 5-10 minutes, then he finally says "well I should go". He is usually at school, at work, or driving. I sound like a 10 year old boy on the phone so I doubt he calls me to hear my voice.

• 5-10 minutes of silence? Hmmm...sounds like he wants to have sex with you or ask you out on a date but just doesn't know how to say it without offending you. I went through that at one time. Finally I did say, "You wanna fork?" and she hung up. So he's indecisive.

• He's my boyfriend of 6 months

• best thing is tell him go for it! tell explain to him how you feel and that sometimes you don't know how to feel with allthe message and attention ask him why he does it askh I'm what drives him to behave like that with talking always helps

What Girls Said 1

• yeah my boyfriend does the same thing lol and I would ask him a random questions that would have nothing to do with anything and he would answer and I would just say I have to go! lol!

but it could be for multiple reasons he probably just wants to hear your voice or doesn't know what to talk about with you

but either way whatever reason it is he probably genuinely likes you (im guessing lol)