Online Dating: A Big Tease?

OK so I tried a few of the online dating sites. I get girls that message me and say how much they love my profile and would love to get to know me. Two things happens 99% of the time.

1. I reply with , Hey I liked your profile too, I would love to get to know you, blah blah blah and they never respond.

2. We exchange emails but every time I bring up grabbing a coffee etc, they make up an excuse for not being able to. But they keep asking "What are you doing this weekend?"

A big attention game?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been meeting people online since I was 14. What it comes down to is this, if a guy is persistent with me about meeting, I will back away.

Men and women seem to be on different schedules about when to meet when it comes to online connections.

Women are a lot more defensive when it comes to online encounters. We expect you to be a horny creep or just immature and disrespectful. And sometimes we don't even know what we truly want yet, we just want to see where things go. Not to mention a lot of people pull the whole picture stunt where they put up an old pic or something stupid and we meet them and it's a disaster.

I have never given a guy the run around online. If I am interested, I will make the effort and I am always open and honest about where I'm at, but I do move slow. So, all I can suggest is that you be open and honest about how you like to do things. Let them know you want to get to know them and meet and how long you expect that to take. Give them 2 chances and then move on. The biggest reason I have come across with girls giving the run around is because they are not real and just want to form that emotional connection.

Either way, you are going to go through A LOT of girls before you find a good one. Just don't give up. :)

What Girls Said 5

• one of two things that I can see, they're either scared because they just met someone online, or they're shy (and have a fake/old picture). but stay positive, you'll find someone whose not all about talk, I just might have to try the online dating thing.

• I tried it. I didn't like how formal it was. I hated it actually.

They make up excuses because they're shy about meeting someone that they met online.

I know because I did it too.

• They might just be scared to meet a stranger, the idea terrifies me.

• You've also gotta consider that many people who do online dating instead of real world dating are doing it BECAUSE their lives are so busy...

• Be careful, you never know when this might happen link

What Guys Said 2

• If you Really want to date someone from the internet, try those speed dating websites. They organize the event, there are no online profiles or forums, they just set up a dinner (or some other event) for everyone who wants to go (you gotta pay and there is a limit of people) and when you get there, you sit with someone and talk for some time, then you switch with other guys and talk to other girls and at the end of the event, if someone wants to know you better, the organizers will ask you if you want to give your number/e-mail for that person contact you. It's the only safe way I know to date someone from the internet. The other "dating" websites are just bullsh*t. Seriously.

• I've done that before, it was a lot of fun actually and you do meet people.

• Most online dating / networking sites are just people trying to see how many friends they can add to their account in order to feel self-important.

• Also, those girls who only want to meet at late hours on weekends/oddball times during the week are usually either married or with a live-in boyfriend, i.e. swinger types.