Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy repealed by the Senate. Opinions?

I'm for one, extremely pleased. I don't think sexual orientation should matter in the least, when choosing to serve your country. It's completely irrelevant.

:)

My English research paper topic is on the repeal of D.A.D.T. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• the only thing I'm worried about is the homophobic straight soldiers beating/mistreating the openly gay ones.

im straight and my friends sometimes make fun of gay guys and I know most guys would be really uncomfortable sharing barracks with open gays.

What Guys Said 3

• it's about time

• Awesome. Nice job senate.

• I'm a commissioned officer in the Army. The general consensus between my peers and me is that as long as gay soldiers don't make others uncomfortable or flaunt it in a way that jacks up unit cohesion, who cares.

for the best that they finally got rid of DADT

• This^

Im still in AIT myself but a lot of the people that I talk to feel the same way about this.

Merry Christmas sir.

• and Merry Christmas to you, too. Hope you're having a safe and happy holiday.

What Girls Said 3

• It shouldn't have been signed in the first place.

• I'm extremely please. Sexual orientation does not matter. End of.

• I have a lot of family in the miitary and sometimes even the rumor of someone being gay makes them a target( of course the general public hardly ever hears about that type of stuff), so I can see a lot of problems come out this decision directed at those who choose to be openly gay in the miliary.