Strange dating relationship?

So, I've been seeing this girl for about 6 months now and we've been on 10+ dates doing all kinds of stuff. She's always easy to reach and never a struggle to talk to. I used to be nervous around her, but now I'm just really happy when we are out together. She's always happy and flirty when around me. Lets me touch her, lead her places, shares food... etc... its great.

But there is one thing that has always bothered me from the time we started all of this. We almost never talk to each other if we aren't in person. If I don't text or call her first, we don't talk to each other. There have been a few times where she has contacted me just to say "hey" and "Just checking on you", but those are rare. I know the guy is suppose to talk to the girl first, but it always feels like she doesn't care enough to contact me first. I used to text her every few days before, but I've gotten so tired of it that I usually just do it once a week now, or if I'm just inviting her out.

When I invite her out, she's always very receptive. Its rare she has had to cancel, but she always reschedules and we go have a good time. I would think that she's using me for favors and gifts.. but she usually doesn't even ask me for anything unless I contact her first. I pay for everything when we go out, and we often share one meal, because it was her idea to save my money. The gifts that I get her she picks out and never over 15 bucks. If I tell her I can't get anything for her, she doesn't get upset or anything.

What am I suppose to do?

Sorry, minor typo. Its rare she has to cancel a date I setup, but when she does, she always rescedules.

What Girls Said 2

• It's hard to say for sure, but some girls have this fear that they might be bothering a guy if they text or call too much. Maybe you could talk to her and tell her that you enjoy spending time with her but that you feel weird being the only one to initiate things.

• Its not that I mind making all of the contact. I just want to be sure she actually cares about me :|

• I totally agree with what the other girl said. I have an intense fear of contacting a guy first because I don't want to bug him or come off clingly. Then, every once in a great while, if I haven't heard from him in a really long time, I'll break down and text him - but this is rare.

You could try asking her about it and being honest and just let her know that it'd be nice to hear from her more.

• So does this really happen often? Its just very unerving to deal with this constantly. Should I just continue to contact her myself and talk to her when I get the chance?

• Does what really happen often? Girls being afraid to text? If that's what you're asking, I don't think most girls are like that, I know my friends are the exact opposite of me in that regard.

I definitely see your point, though. Continue to contact her and then bring it up in a serious or joking way. Serious would probably get you father than joking would. Joking can get the hint across sometimes, but not all.

What Guys Said 0