Texting, men? how long should I wait for one?

After an amazing date we went to a habatchi grill, a comedy club, and a bit of bar hopping, a few minutes after I walked into the house I receive a text:

Thanks for the awesome night.let me know the next day your free if you want 2 do this again. have a good night.

I texted back the day after the next with my schedule dropped and I'm only free nights this week.

He hasn't texted back and its been 7 hours.

What are the rules here? Is this a lost cause?After an amazing date we went to a habatchi grill, a comedy club, and a bit of bar hopping, a few minutes after I walked into the house I receive a text:

What are the rules here? Is this a lost cause?

I apologize for the double thing, I don't know how that happened.
He did text back, don't know what he was doing.

and now he texts me like every night.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are no rules but everybody thinks there are and they all play by different rules they learn in stupid urban legends so everybody interprets each other wrongly and it turns what should be simple into something complicated and stressful. Seven hours isn't that long considering you have no idea what silly rules he has heard he should play by.

• When should I give up then :p

• Well it's only been 7 hours so all you can do is wait. If he enjoyed your company he will most likely contact you in the next few days and ask you out one of your free nights or schedule a different time in the future that works for him. Your work is done so I guess you could say you can give up now although I wouldn't give up on hoping he'll call back yet.

What Guys Said 1

• How long has it been now? Any update?

I'd say over 24 hours could be an issue, 48-72 hours is lost cause territory. Don't jump to conclusions after only 7.

What Girls Said 1

• Texting sucks, people should call (that is more personal).

• true, there are no emotions in texts. I've gotten in trouble because it wasn't apparent I was using sarcasm before.