Anyone else disappointed they won't have a New Year's kiss?

Sorry for the depressing question but I can't be the only one.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm single but plan on kissing someone on new years, probably the bartender.

What Girls Said 17

• I'm perfectly fine not getting one lol. You know why though :P

• You have 5 days yet to get that problem corrected! Just go to any local pub for there New Years Eve party and you'll get kissed

• lol I don't have money for bars and I don't wanna be alone and risk no kiss. I'll probably be at a party somewhere.

• Nah, then again I'm a happy loner type.I enjoy being alone and single. Just how I was raised

• Lucky. I'm curious how you were raised to enjoy being a loner though.

• Ah I'm surprised I'm not like that since I was an only child. I don't like being alone at all. I'd always rather be with friends or something, but that doesn't happen. Hopefully I make new friends in college or after when I move.

• Haha, well I can be outgoing and love company but sometimes solitude is best...but hey, new year, new friends, new life

• yeahh I feel your pain T^T

• Well me and my friend will have to kiss each other I guess. Hopefully we'll be too drunk to care.

• you're not the only one.. don't worry.

I'm so depressed.. I thought I would have a new year's kiss with the guy I like..

Cause it was getting serious (what I thought).. he's just playin me. -.-

So a friend of mine (also depressed haha) said that we kiss.. we'll be thinking about someone else. but at least we got the kiss ha ha

stupid tradition :(

• Wow two in a row. :( Same goes for you. You'll find someone that cares. :) Well as a guy I think that's an awesome way to do it. Or do you mean a guy friend?

• aww you're cute, and I really hope so :(

haha its a guy friend (:

• Well he's lucky. And thanks. :)

• Yes a little disappointed!

• you not the only one...! its so depressing!

i just found out that the guy I like who I thought liked me alooooooot wasn't really into me, only wanted my beef :(

• Aww you'll find someone I'm sure. :) There's guys out there that want more like me. That guy was probably good looking though.

• No, I couldn't care less.

• You're not alone! I'll prob be home by myself watching Andy Cohen on Bravo lol

• I have a tradition to kiss my dog every new year's but he's not here anymore :( I guess id have to haunt for some other dogs soon

• yeah I guess I am depressed I won't have a new years kiss but I'm too busy to care otherwise.

• Not one bit

• not the first year :(

• well, I got used to not getting any kisses... I've been single my whole life. I am 19 years old.. so this new year's eve won't be any different than the story of my life... in fact I am not even going out.. I am staying home with my family..! So yeah you're not the only one disappointed :)

• Awe Greg, if it's any consolation I would kiss you if I somehow ended up in Wisconsin lol. But yeah, I'm not disappointed. There's always next year. Plus, being single around the major holidays is a blessing for me because I'm the worst gift giver.

• YES. I'm currently between relationships and should be in one mid-January. I'm so disappointed that he won't be with me on NYE.

What Guys Said 12

• i'm indifferent about it. it would be nice if some *drunk* chick attacks me at work tho. that might be fun.

• *kiss* all better.

• Haha my first better not be from a guy. Thanks though.

• but how do you know I'm really a guy and not just some girl that pretends to be a guy to prevent nerdy boys from hitting on me? :D

• Well sh*t that would be awesome in a weird kind of way, the problem is I would have felt it was from a guy in the first place.

• No- I haven't ever had anything like that at that time of year much less ever; in which case I am completely indifferent to that; I have other, infinitely more important things to concern myself with and have to be productive instead of wallowing in self-pity over such a, what I feel is, a trivial matter.

• Ehh. Really hard to say. I'm disappointed that things in my life weren't organized in such a manner that I would be getting one from a specific person, but ya know whatever things'll work out. Worst comes to worst I might just get sh*tfaced and nearly make out with my cousin again :)

• Nope. Now that you mention it, I might head to a bar next Friday night. Assuming my lame friends don't want to hermit crabs for once.

• lol Yeah I'm hoping I have at least something to do so I'm not at home all sad.

• That's what my hope is for. lol And then while I'm out I'll be hoping for a kiss anyway.

• Girls: just add alcohol haha

• Wouldn't be fantastic if there was an event held at New Years for singles :) and everyone can just give a random kiss, no emotion attached. Who know's you might just end up kissing your soul mate ;)

• lol Love the idea. I've also even said that there needs to be a city where single GAG users can go hang out. I think there's enough variety for everyone to find a person. Don't know if the ratio will work out though pretty sure it's more single guys.

• Some more fortunate than others that's for sure. But the way I see it, New Years eve is around the corner. If you know you got nothing planned or no one special, why not do something about it?

• I never knew I was supposed to get one. Ignorance is bliss. However, indifference is my saviour - I simply refuse to want to get one. xD I'm not disappointed at all, nor am I depressed - this is how it's always been, why would it be any different?

• lol Yeah people always kiss at the end of the countdown.

• Different cultures, I guess. Well, I personally wouldn't mind, even if I knew a lot of other people are doing it - you see my reasoning just a bit above.

• Hmm... I'm disappointed now, but I'm hoping to find a lucky lady the night I'm out for New Years. :D If it doesn't happen.. Its all good. But I'm pretty excited to be in Europe for the first time for New years.. I know its a bit corny, but I've always found it very romantic to do the whole New Years kiss.

• wow you gotta lot of xp points... maybe if you werent on here so much you might have one :D hahah JK but really food for thought

• It's true in away. I also have sh*t friends which is why I'm not out much. Hoping to make some new ones in college next fall or when I move out of Wisconsin. I'm iffy on college but I probably will in NC when I move.

• story of my life

• I'm having a New Years threesome.

• Seriously?

• Ahahahahaha. I am awesome. Got another one! Booyeah

• Actually you got me earlier. So this time I knew. But man I was gonna say a threesome is one amazing way to ring in the new year.