Why do only unattractive girls generally go for good guys, when the hot ones go for jerks?

its like unattractive girls are generally smarter about choosing a guy than attractive girls. makes little sense. I'm not saying its like this all the time or anything, but if I get female attention, its always from a girl I would never ever consider dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• A, I personally don't believe any girl is unattractive, some just don't feel confident and mentain themselves the right way. The unattractive girls are usually not looking for sex. Something which the 'hot' girls are. They are 'hot' girls are fashionable and fit to begin with for the sake of appealing the guys. Their hard work shows.

Having said that the 'jerks' are usually 'good looking' guys who either use women or don't value them in general. And it's because they know they will hookup with one sooner or later.

And they too usually want to use women rather then love them. So the hot girls pair up with the players/jerks and they get what they want. Materialistic affair, artificial love, popularity, hype and sex.

The good guys can be handsome looking or ugly. But since they ARE clean and loyal, they are not looking for fake synthetic relationships, they are looking for true love. And the 'unattractive' girls are very trust able to commit to because their chances of cheating on you are low, especially since they don't get guys often and they value the ones they have. It is a simple pattern how it usually works and the explanation behind it.

A jerk is not interested in unattractive girls because he wants to screw a popular hot girl, an unattractive girl won't go for a jerk because he is usually a player, because she is looking for a long term relationship that lasts, or the guy is out of her league.

And the same for hot girls.

See how it works? Hope this answers.

• yeah I see... I just wanna know how it all ends up. like I'd love to marry a beautiful woman one day that is just totally dream girl material. I'd gladly wait for that day as long as I knew it was coming.

• that's exactly the kind of girl I'm looking for! and in my experience they've still chosen bad boys :/ maybe the timing just isn't right.

• Well eventually when one wants to settle down after bad experiences with jerky bad boys and slutty hot girls, everyone wants a 'good man' and a 'good girl' ultimately. So yeah, wait for it, it will come naturally.

What Girls Said 5

• I guess you're supposed to be the good guy?

Maybe those girls are at the top of the dating totem pole so to speak with their hotness and they want guys around that area too and jerks seems to be the type of the guys at the top.

Then there's you.

Lol I'm kidding...well not really but anyways I think these girls you would "never ever consider" are actually "good girls" wanting a good guy being intelligent they know how to differentiate good from bad when it comes to guys. Hot girls tend to be used to the positive male attention for the most part and naturally loving their looks (& or status) they want guys that compliment them. Maybe some girls are young & foolish and think love "is pain" so they make up psychological excuses to accept being done wrong in relationships.

• I'm always amused at how self proclaimed "nice guys" or "good guys" complain about not receiving male attention, when really, it's less about the attention and more about WHO they receive it from. They want the attention from the alpha females, the hot ones who would never and won't give them the time of day. It's cute.

Don't complain about girls going after "bad boys" because those bad boys tend to be more attractive than "good/nice" guys

• depends on how you define attractive ;P

• And who's the one complaining about girls outta their league not going out with them?

• I feel my standards are perfectly healthy. I want a girl that is mature and that I see something great in, it's a shame that most girls that give me this sort of impression are immature in the end and only say things to please me for a given amount of time before things go downhill. then proceed to date the temporary, easy to find bad boys. meanwhile I had plans to actually stick around and stay with her.

• The way I see it, the 'unattractie' girls fall for those who will accept them for who they are, like personality wise, over how they look (the good guys), while 'hot' girls fall for those who are after more than just personality (the jerks)

• "Why do only the ugly girls want me when I want those hot girls over there?"

Lol you don't sound like such a good guy to me. Shallow like the girls you wanna date.

• what now it's bad to have standards?

• Not at all. You're just complaining about something shallow and then wondering why the hot girls are being shallow. Plus, if you're gonna complain about girls who like you being too ugly, you're not really as much of a "good guy" as you think you are. You sound just like the jerks who only date hot girls.

• Because the "good guys" have qualities that make them "unattractive" to us. Just like these girls who are physically unappealing to you. These unattractive girls might have good personalities, but you wont' date them because you're not attracted to them. These good guys may be "good" but we won't date them because we're not attracted to them. That doesn't necessarily mean physically. Guys judge more with their eyes, girls judge more by actions and personality.

• well then what happens when a good guy isn't even bad looking, but is really nervous around the girl he likes, and awkward, because he likes her so much... that's obviously a great thing, but because the girl doesn't fully understand, or even if she does, she's just not attracted to him, and thinks he's a creep? that's so frustrating, a guy puts himself out there, as scary as that is, and a girl blows him off because he basically cares too much. then she falls for the jerk that doesn't care.

• haha so wait, first these desirable girls that you want to date because they're pretty have too LOW of standards to date those guys. Now you're saying they're too high? They need to stop waiting around for perfection and give you a chance? Fact is dude, you don't know what you're saying. You're not trying to understand/accept women and you're not trying to work on yourself. You're just bitching because girls don't want u. For whatever reason you're not attractive. Find it, fix it and quit bitching

• You say they're not entitled just because they're pretty, when actually, yes they are. You MADE it that way by asking this question in the first place. You want to date them because they're pretty! And you also said you're fairly confident, when earlier you said you get shaky and nervous when you talk to girls you like. You don't know what the hell you're saying. I don't blame girls for not wanting to date you. You're a scared, insecure hypocrite who whines instead of changing himself. Bye.

What Guys Said 4

• You must not understand what women find attractive at all man. Looks are important to you, this is obvious. Therefore, you believe that looks must be important to them. That's where you trip up right off the bat.

1. Confidence. If you don't have it, you don't have 'IT'. IT, is what women base their initial level of interest on. I am so utterly positive of this, it might as well be science fact. If from day one you bleed out confidence (and don't slip into cockiness) you WILL get every ones attention. Some may have boyfriends, and some may be too shy to talk to you, but they WILL notice(for some of them, it won't matter if they have boyfriends). Confidence isn't important, it's everything. It tells them how you think of yourself, how you approach life, and if you are boyfriend material.

2. Personality. Confidence is important, but without personality, they will see right through you after the first conversation. Being able to make them smile is important. Witty. Hobbies that you care about. Things that make you, you.

3. Knowing when to walk away. You need to know when its time to stop talking to her and walk away for the day. When it's time to call it a night and hang up the phone. When it's time to stop that text conversation. When it's time to wrap that date up. Become too available and you're screwed. Show some restraint, it will keep things fresh.

If you can do that and be genuine, you'll see a noticeable change. The only way you'll come off genuine is practice. You will fail many times. That's why it's a good thing there isn't just one pretty girl in the world. You focus on looks as the ONE factor, when it's just A factor. You can't change your looks, so stop worrying about them. Focus on areas you can improve.

• Because most "good guys" are wimps. If a girl has a choice between a wimp and jerk, she'll choice the jerk every time. I say this because most "good guys" allow the girl to walk all over them, constantly call and annoy them, and just generally shower them with too much attention; so women think that they have no self-confidence. In contrast, the jerk never gives in to a woman or calls her, and many women mistake that selfishness for confidence.

So, if you want to be a "good guy" and still get girls, you need to have a backbone and tell her no when appropriate, not always give in to every little whim that she has, and show her attention without it being cloying, etc.

• that's pretty much how I am. I never call girls hardly at all lol. and I mean, I have a life, always out with my friends, I talk to girls at school when I sit by them, and given that I barely know them and don't like them, its very easy to just be cool and collected. they're sometimes cute, sometimes not, but either way, I can talk to girls in general just fine. its just whenever I've liked a girl, which is rare in itself, I always get real nervous.

• Honestly, a lot of the times, "jerks" really aren't bad guys at all. They have friends and family that they're close to, and it's really hard to say how they treat the people they like because we don't get to see it.

It's easy to see them as "jerks" because most likely, you got "rejected" by them. These are the guys who didn't pick you as a friend to hang out with. It's harder to look at the "hot" girls this way also because even after they reject you, you still want their approval (and wand to date them of course).

Really, jerks don't get the girls. I promise if you go up to girls and act like an asshole, you won't get the girls. I've tried it and it doesn't work. The only way to get "hot" girls (as in, girls which previously have rejected you) is to work on yourself.

• Good body = Dumb mind

Not always though, but most of the time its like this.