If 4 guys came & talked with you about their likes on their future wife, which one would attract you the most?

& why? & you say in your heart this is my dream guy...

• 1st guy said: I would like my future wife to be a housewife cause I want to take care of her and supports her financially and love only her forever & she become a princess in my home who prepares delicious meals for me...
  • 2nd guy said: I want my future wife to be independent, she raise herself and I raise myself, we love each other but each one on his/her own & kids are 50/50 between me & her...
  • 3rd guy said: I would like to find a rich girl who will supports me in everything & I'll be her house husband & she's the business women...
  • 4th guy said: I want my future wife to accept me as a polygamist, cause I would like to have multiple wives and all living together...can I find her?
My persona option is "A" I'm living it with my wife and we ar very happy & we pray that this would never change and I be always able to make enough money so I support my family, it's true I work hard but in the end of the day I find comfort & chee
You girls who chose option A are awesome:)

but I wish you that you find a real man who knows the importance of a housewife and who's willing to work hard to support his family and make them so happy and so no one orders his wife or makes her angry.
Just a personal opinion of mine for some girls who said, why we have to be stuck inside while men fulfill their dreams outside, well actually to me I'm working outside to fulfill the dreams of my wife & kids and also to fulfill our dreams as a family...
if I had the option like my wife to earn money without working than I will quit from the 1st sec cause my passion is to be with my wife each second of my life and that we do everything together at least if I can't afford it to myself, than I will afford..
it to my wife...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll be completely honest with you. I went to college and I have a job waiting for upon graduation. It's a decent paying job. I can easily and willingly support myself. I like being independent, I like the fact that I can always count on myself, I don't have to rely on anyone for anything. However, if I were ever to meet a man that made enough money to support me and our future children in a comfortable, well off life style, then I wouldn't mind staying at home and being a housewife. Because I do believe that there are a lot of stuff that needs to be done around the house and children take up a lot of time especially if you have several.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind being a housewife if all circumstances for it were right. But I also no problems being a working mom.

• Good answer, that's a big sacrifice and a big act to show your husband how much you love him, to leave everything and be the happiest just being his housewife and taking care of him and your kids at home and him outside...besides it's not bad that you have a college degree, cause you don't know what might your future holds for you and you will be always ready...but as long as your husband is able, you will be extremely happy being a housewife:)

What Girls Said 40

• I'd be more attracted to A... he doesn't expect much from me. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids is what a woman is SUPPOSED to do and it's what we do best, regardless of how much money I make. I'd be happy doing those things for him and it would also be a bonus if I do provide some sort of income which I am planning on doing anyway. I wouldn't make things hard for him...

• You fail.

I am not going to spend my life cleaning and sucking up to a human being equal to me.

Your life fine whatever, but don't go around saying that the only thing your OWN gender is good at is cleaning and cooking. People like you make men say 'GO BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH' its ridiculous.

• i believe it! but you must believe it or not that I some people would like to hear someone like me a lot and I'm happy to show them my experience & if you don't like it just keep going in the other road & don't take mine but don't try to block my road cause if you did than I will make your road completely vanishes...don't try your chances with me...just go on & be free & let others be free, you can't force me and if you did I assure you that you will be disapointed in a ruthless way!

• it's really a team effort on everything. Men and women are NOT I repeat NOT equal. They are not the same. Neither one is better overall. They are better at different things. It's like saying who's better Jerry Rice or Larry Bird. They are so different they can't even be compared. You can't say one is better. Clearly Bird would win in a Free throw contest but Rice would win at catching a football.

It's like saying M.J. isn't the best basketball player ever cause he hasn't won the Stanley Cup

• I'd prefer a mix between A and B. I'm working very hard for my degree, going to school for a long time. It would feel like a waste of time, money, and intelligence on my part to give it all up for good. I'd stay home for a couple years while the kids were very young, and then I'd go back to work. I like being independent, and the career I want to go in to.

I'd like to split things 50/50 most of the time, but that doesn't mean we can't feel masculine & feminine in our own right. Such as: we share the cleaning, but I'd prefer to do the inside work so I'm cool with his contribution being to the outside and to the repairs. We share the cooking, but I'd prefer to do the stove top stuff and he can grill. We share the working, but I'm OK with him making more money than me so he can still feel like the provider. I prefer him assuming more protector roles while I assume more nurturing roles. That does not mean we have to have totally separate roles though where I give up my life to make him feel more like a man. That just means we assume different sides of the same roles.

Overall, it's been shown that couples who have a more "modern" marriage where thing are done 50/50 are happier. In traditional marriages, as a whole, the woman feels unappreciated for her work, and the man feels resentful and like he has complete control over both him and his wife because he provides the resources. A bit of a power trip.

I'm not saying you are like this, but that is why traditional marriages tend to be unhappy ones. I'll give you a link to my psychology text book if you'd like. Women nowadays want to maintain their independence because men degraded a woman's role for so long. As if being a housewife was easier, or not as commendable as his role. His role was more important. Cooking/cleaning/caring for children "That's women's work." Looked down upon. Now that women have a choice, most of us want to choose the role that had the most prestige, the one that made themselves and proud, which was working.

If being a housewife had more status, and didn't receive so much degradation, more women would still want to be one. How often do you hear women say, "Go do what men do and make money" as a way to degrade a guy? Never. Now, how often do you hear men say, "Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich" as a way to degrade a girl? All the time. "Women's" roles are seen as degrading. We want to be proud of ourselves now.

• Well, while I was reading your answer there are parts which made me feel that men must be punished for their old act towards women but some places I just backed off it's a swinging balance and I don't like that I'm not like other men so you can't judge me like others maybe the housewife role is what most of girls dreams of but wouldn't choose cause of the guys but remember if she gets lucky to find a REAL man she will never work again cause she will adore being a housewife, thanks for your comment

• I chose A, because it's what I look forward to. I believe the only way for any marriage to work is for both people to put 100% of themselves into it. That is when it becomes equal. And for me personally, I'd best be able to give 100% as a housewife/stay-at-home mom. I don't want my kids going to day care, because if I'm having kids, then I SHOULD be the one to raise them, not someone else. I am heading for a degree that I can use in my home to earn a little on the side, if need be.

I don't look down on women who feel differently, that is their right, but for me, the greatest aspiration is to care for a home, a husband, and children.

• Girls like you really amazes me and make me respect them so much, I just feel that their so intelligent and really knows the values and morals of a real family and marriage...

i agree & support each word you said up there, cause that is the right thing to do...a REAL HUSBAND must give security and love & tender & warmness & appreciation to his wife he works hard outside to support his family and wants the best for them I can't say a women's role is more important nor the man's role, their equal

• I'm not going to bother commenting you just pretty much said everything. : )

• I'm perfectly capable of doing the housewife thing- in fact since my mom fell ill I've felt like one cooking, cleaning, laundry, training the puppy- basically keeping the house running. Not that I didn't help out before- but we've always taken turns with the chores. But, since dad is busy with work (my mother has always worked as well but now she can't) it generally falls to me. And I really don't mind helping out my family, but seriously if you told me THIS is would be the peak of my life, to me it would feel like being strangled with confinement. It does now sometimes, and I have university to distract and add variety to my life. I feel tied to the house, tied to my responsibilities so that I can't go grab a beer after work like my dad because I always have obligations at home to deal with. (I don't begrudge him his release, he works hard and deserves a break).

Here's the deal- I think every adult should be able to care for him or herself, that means financially and in their household, so they're capable of living independently. I could not marry a guy or even date him seriously knowing he expected me to take over where his mother left off. He needs to know how to cook enough to keep himself alive, know how to clean up after himself, and keep a house. Partially because I just think that's part of being a responsibile adult and partially because I plan to work.

You say when you're working you're out chasing your wife and children's dreams- true to a certain extent. But my dreams include being successful in my own right, accomplishing things in my own career and no guy can ever do that for me no matter how caring or loving. To be fulfilled and content, I know I have to chase those dreams even if I never achieve them. I want a family and children, but I don't want to be JUST a wife and a mother.

No offense meant to women who do want that for themselves- if that's where you think your happiness lies, then I see nothing wrong with that.

• well that's your opinion, well my happiness falls, you know where I guess cause you already read my updates and my personal choices but I respect yours so I wish you a happy nice life...you go and get what you want cause I got what I always wanted since 5 years and now I'm happy and comfortable and I'm sorry cause your feel this tired but my wife does all that and she never complains like you, I think it's difference between girls & other girls...well each person have his own opinion & choice!

• It's not about being tired- I have the energy to go to university and run the house, it's more about feeling TIED to it, always obligated to do somethingat home when there are other things I want to do. I'm glad you're happy with your life and I hope your wife is too. But for me- it's not enough to keep me happy, I have to have something beyond it or I think I would be extremely unhappy, which is why I'm thankful for school and good friends who invite me to get away every once in awhile.

• well I can't say anything to you, cause it's just the way you are, so good luck!

• I chose B only because I was being realistic in my situation. Its expensive out there and sometimes its not possible for one spouse to stay home. I am looking at working because I have spent a lot of money to go to college. I definitely want to use my education for at least a little bit.

The problem with Guy A is that it sounds great! But the guy has to be appreciative and not just demand that his wife cooks ,cleans and does stuff around the house. Which all too often happens. So it really depends on the situation of the couple.

• I choose option B not for any social or political reasons, but simply because I don't think that I would be a very happy person without a life outside of the home. For me, it really just speaks to personal preference and what I know about myself. I get cranky and bored when I'm not "out," lol. The whole housewife/career woman dichotomy has become so politicized that it seems like any choice a woman makes to "be" one way or the other is a political statement rather than a personal preference. I certainly have no problem with women who choose/prefer option A; in fact my parents have a wonderful marriage based on that model. To me, marriage is a partnership based on mutual valuation of what one another bring to the table. What these things are depends on the individual couple. I can't wait til we get to a point someday where women (and the men that love them!) can do what they want without other people interpreting it as some kind of affront to their life choices.

• I see your reasoning for choosing choice A however I would have to disagree. Now don’t get me wrong, I would not mind being taken care of, and I don’t think saying what you said makes you sexist but more of a care giver. I would rather have husband B because I would like to work, and do the things I love most besides being a mother and a wife. The only thing that I would disagree with is the 50/50. Yes I would like to be treated fairly, which it seems like you would already do, however once you say your vows and become married you become one. One flesh. Therefore I don't really see the need for things to be divided equally. We should both take care of each other, and do our best to support our family. So if there was a mixture in between A and B I would choose that lifestyle, however, for now I will just settle for B.

• good answer, I respect your decent opinion but do you think that your able to be successful in your career and family life both at the same time, I doubt it logically it's impossible, I'm a man and can't do it! maybe you wish for that but the reality ain't like that so there would be a part either in your career or family life that won't achieve completely, maybe a part time job is somehow better but it's your choice & I'm happy to hear the one body & soul part, that's amazing & I believe in it.

• Of course she can- it just means her husband has to be willing to help the success of the family. Sure, it can be difficult, but it's done all the time. My parents have done it forever- both have worked my whole life, are good at their jobs and enjoy them. Our family isn't perfect (who's is?) but my siblings and I have grown up into healthy, responsible adults who all have careers or (in my case) are pursuing them while working to support themselves through their education.

• i'm never ready to wash dishes or clean the floor or to cook and do the laundry with the presence of my wife I work outside so she be able to do this inside but if she was working outside than it would be 50/50 and I totally agree with that but in my case I would never date or marry a girl who doesn't wants to be a housewife and wants to do the female role at home...that will never happen unless I couldn't support my family financially anymore!

• You see, I go from A to D very often. I don't like the thought of be comitted to another person, I love to be free, but I would love it if both naturally wanted to be comitted without it being controlled or put in writting. I think the man should provide food and shelter for the family, and the women takes care of the home and children and both have equal power.

This is off topic, but does anybody else get a tweakish/blinking cursor sometimes when typing on this site?

• i chose B only because I have dreams of having a career and I would want my SO to have some too. I feel that everything should be 50/50 that is everything should be fair. I think marriage is a partnership. I mean I get the whole idea of A but I personally could never be a house wife. Plus I am a pessimist, if something were to go wrong, I need to know that I would be able to make it on my own and being completely dependent on someone or someone dependent on me just quite frankly scares the sh*t out of me. I suppose all of it doesn't really matter only because I don't plan on ever being married.

• Your annoying question asker. You asked this question and then bash any girl who doesn't agree with you. Maybe you got lucky and found a woman that doesn't mind waiting at you hand and foot, but I'm sorry to break it to you...its 2010. The female gender has realized we don't need you guys for everything. Yea, maybe we aren't buff and strong, but we have intelligence just like anyone else on this Earth. We don't have to wait at home all day watching children, and not put our brains to use. Guys are just as capable at cleaning and what not as woman. Just as we are capable at going to work everyday and working hard for our family. I'm and independent person, I will never, NEVER rely on someone else to help me survive. I obviously chose B. I want a family in the future and help care for them, just as I want to help support them. You never know what's going to happen in the future. What if I was an 'A' girl and my husband died. What the heck would I do! No education, don't know how to work..I'd be lost. At the end of the day being independent could save you and your family. So, don't go around putting independent woman down. Thanks.

• i put no one down, don't you trust yourself, it's a freedom of choice, that is your opinion, I respect girls who wants to work and girls who wants to be a housewives but I respect housewives more cause they do sacrifice more and I feel more attached to them actually, that's my opinion, you say it's 2010 you will laugh if I tell you that I'm like hundred of years towards this year but maybe I'm still primitive about this idea cause it's the right thing to do for me & thanks for the "im annoying"

• k bye.

I am not wasting my time on you. I'm spending it on what I believe in.

• ok good luck, and I don't need a girl like you to respect me, and finally bye!...at last

• I lived in Egypt for half a year, so I think it is fair to assume that I understand your culture slightly better than some of the people responding to this question. I think it is also fair to assume that you might not fully understand the culture in America or Europe.

**************For those of you that read my response, I think it is important to understand that not all men in the Arab world have this outlook on women.******************

And for the man who asked this question...I think it is important that we all respect each others' opinions, even though sometimes it is difficult because of cultural differences.

• I like option 1 because... that's my dream life just being a wife and a mother.

but guy 2 is OK too I guess if it HAS to be like that

• all I can say is: I really wish that you find your prince charming...you know that sometimes the simplest things in life can make you find your happiness and comfort...i don't want girls like you to be disappointed & not finding that kind of men, besides if you find him, maybe you will feel that he's treating you like a slave, but you will be very lucky if you find a man who will make you his princess at home cause being a housewife is a very important role to all the family.

• It is very important but I don't intend on going in looking for that, I would much rather just find A GUY right now and we can figure the rest out later lol

• I said A but I don't want him to think that he owns me or something and that I become his slave and he just expects me to make him dinner and wait on him when he comes home from work. Not that I wouldn't I just want him to realize that being a housewife is also a full-time job

• Of course & it's the most admirable job, but emily can I ask you something? why every time when the word housewife is mentioned, the word slave appears like a flash, do you really all think that a housewife is a slave, if you prepared dinner for your man and waited for him, would that made you a slave? your serving him inside and his serving you outside, your both serving each other, why you always take it like that?:/

• you said, she can't make him dinner every night, if his wife won't make him dinner than who will prepare it for him when he comes home tired from a long day at work...he never orders her, he asks her like she asks him...now why I ask a lot a bout housewives, well because I look up to them and never let them down like others do and I appreciate the real housewives who are real womens!

• This is what I mean, some guys say stuff like women belong in the kitchen and you're not a real woman if you aren't like that. It's like saying we don't have the right to have our own career and life and that all we are here for is to make men dinner

• I like A the most,but still I would like to have a job in my marraige besides being just a housewife.

• WOW. None of the above. If I HAD to choose one... I guess A... I'd need to learn to cook better.. >_< but really, something in between A and B..

• honestly I am going to have to go with A

• A for when the kids come ...then when they are all in HS B.

• Obviously B. Being a housewife sounds so boring and a career sounds exciting. Why should the wife be stuck at home? Because she's a woman? Because she gives birth? No matter how rich my husband was or how comfortable life was, I would always want to have a job

• This is actually kind of a toughy for me. I am the strong independent girl and I like to work, but if I was able to not work and have dinner on the table and spend time with my kids and do the pta mom thing and take real trips and show the kids the world on breaks and vacations I would love that life too. I think if you love each other, support. Is what you need to give and how ever you are able to provide that and it works for the two people then that's how you need to live your life.

• I want to have my own career( gym teacher ) but when I have kids I'll be a house wife till my kids go to school then I can go to school too lol =)

• 2nd definitely, I don't mind cooking/cleaning but I would like him to pull his own weight in that area as well. also I'm at university and I'm not going to be studying until I'm 30 just to be a housewife. I also don't like to be a free loader so I would like to contribute to the marriage financially.

• None, I would want a guy to say I just want to find someone who I love and who loves me too. =D I picked A though.

• i love a but I voted for b. I am a nanny now of a family who lives the life of a.

dad is often very busy work andtakes the stress of work and makein the bacon and

mom is always home she is spoiled and has everything she could ever want but SHE is raising the kids and that is a reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyyy hard job, I think its hard to appreciated until you have become a full time parent, some days she is so stressed out she is crying when I walk in. as a full time parent you don't get a lunch hour a 30 minute break your lucky for 15 minutes to yourself.

so I vote b I want to work to and feel like an equal to my husband not like if he ever leaves then I am worth little because I am not set in a career were I can afford people dependent on me.

and I want my kids to be equally as excited for me as they are him and at night wen they cry I want them to cry for daddy too.

• do you have pshychologic problems cause it seems that you have 2 personalities!

• You gave us so few choices...it's shameful how some people think...or don't think... Hahahahahahaha xD

...

• Option B. That seems happier and healthier. Everything should be 50/50, that's called equality. But personally, I never want to get married or have kids etc so you know.

• "oliviasummers" yesterday I told you to salute the lock ness monstAR for me did you do it...if not I have to take a part of your body and feed to that marvelous monstAR...you british gArl!

• I am tough. I am independent and I earn more than you and am ultimately a smarter and more successful person.

• personally I am with Olivia not on her answer but on kicking the snot out of you. Olivia I would like to help would you like someone to hold him still while you punch him or do you just want me to cheer you on? BTW I love England and wish I could get there again. The people are awesome.

• I don't mind taking care of the house, but I also would like to have a career and not just a stay home mom. So for me its a combo of 1 and 2. Kids are my first priority but not the only one.

• i would prefer a mix between A and B personally... maybe work part time. A or B by themselves are too extreme for me lol..

• i realized that you liked all the A part except the being a housewife, well working part time ain't a problem, but why you want to work if you have such a devoted husband who's ready to make you comfortable at home and never have to stand a boss & his/her orders at work, at your home your the queen of yourself and no one orders you...it's your choice in the end!

• I would say B , but it's not always 50-50, sometimes it's 25-75 or 75-20. Never perfect... but B definitely out of the 4 choices.

• answer 2 all the way! and wtf with 4? you a middle easter? lol

• Second one.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 6

• Option B

My wife didn't earn a Masters and and an associate degree to stay at home the way her mother regretted.

• Good question but answers make it HEAVILY biased toward A

A) You use loving words and ideal rosy picture

B) You make it sound like in this 50/50 lifestyle there is no bond, no loving emotion

C) Make it sound like the guy is there to be a complete lazy person taking advantage of the woman

D) Crazy polygamist answer

What about 5th guy that says:

E) I want a future wife which I love and respect deeply and with whom I share a balanced life between our respective jobs and our family life. Someone that I trust and that I'm happy to hold tightly in my arms everyday to tell her I'm proud of her and the happiest man on earth to be with her.

• if my earning is enough to satisfy, I will go with A, but if we both understand that that money is not enough for our kids and family, I would like that she helps to improve future plans. I don't crazy to earn money too much that make a walll between us.

• I like C, he sounds cute.

• A mix of A and B is the best :)

• Ho's don't get to choose.