Do men care if women dress them?

So, I know it might seem trivial and silly, but I'm with someone who is a self-admitted fashion victim. I really like him, he's cute, funny, sweet, adorable, etc, but he dresses poorly.

I'm not embarrassed to be seen with him or anything, but good clothes that make you look great are a confidence boost and affect how others see you, right?

So, my question is: if you knew you had no fashion sense, would you mind your girlfriend occasionally picking out clothing for you? I'm not talking about anything drastic, just well-cut pants, crisp button-downs and a nice merino wool sweater or two instead of the faded black khakis, stretched out polo t's and sweat shirts.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't mind some advice because I don't want to look ridiculous. But other then that I don't want a woman picking clothes for me without my approval.

What Guys Said 10

• i do. I'm very individualistic,i don't want someone telling me how to dress, nor do I have an interest in telling someone else how to dress.

• honestly my style, whether fashion victim or not, is mine. it suits my personality. to do anything else would be pretending to be someone who I wasnt.

• I would be annoyed if my girlfriend tried to dress me all the time. Picking out a shirt for me here or there isn't a bad thing but if she really tried to control everything that I wore I would start to get pissed off by it. However, I actually care about the way I dress so it might be a different story for your boyfriend. Especially if he is a "self-admitted fashion victim."

• I know what you mean about being too controlling, so I'd never do that. I'm only thinking a piece here or there.

• Does he have money ? It could be a money issue . If its not a money issue then its quite weird, like I don't understand why a guy wouldn't want to look nice with a girl he likes..

• I wouldn't mind some advice but I would not want someone to say I have to wear something or I can't wear something.

• Thats pretty sweet..

• i wouldn't mind I know that whne it comes to fashion girls have a sharp eye plus they can see what looks goodd on guys and also know what they like to see guys wearing so ide make the most of it and learn as much as I can

• That sounds kind of fun actually. I wouldn't mind.

• I'd think you're a fashionista or something and dump you after having sex with you enough.

• It would really depend on how you said it or suggested it but in general I would not like a girlfriend telling me how to dress. I would think she had seen what she was getting so why is she wanting me to change? As far as good clothes making him feel better he probably feels fine with the clothes he has and that is why he wears them. A lot of guys really don't think about fashion at all like women do and we just wear what we like until it literally wears out lol.

What Girls Said 2

• The last guy I dated wasn't the best dresser, but I think that was part of his charm. Of course, if he would have had just an unfortunate style I might have intervened. I see no harm in it. You're not changing him, just improving him a little bit if he agrees.

• lol I do that for my boyfriend all the time. horrible dresser