Should I fly to see him?

this cute guy contacts me on a dating site saying he will be in town for a couple of days and he would like to meet. the same day we planned to meet sometime but he was kinda far away so by the time he was able to find a ride to come all the way to where I am I was already in bed and couldn't see him. he flew the next day home. I texted him saying I'm sorry we didn't get to meet, he then asked me to go visit him, he is in another state. he kept telling me that he'd love for us to meet and plus where he lives is so much fun, he promised to make it fun for me. I know we are both interested in each other, and feel bad we didn't get to meet. should I fly to him and have fun or is it too crazy as we barely know each other, but I feel there is potential. I always wanted to visit the city he lives in anyway. I really need advice, the last thing he told me is that he would love it I make it there very soon. please help and let me know the best thing to do in this situation. thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I say go for it, but have a back up plan lined up if he ends up being a dud in person, so you don't feel like you wasted your time going.

That being said, sometimes these things work out. My cousin met his wife when he was visiting Toronto at a Christmas party, and after he moved to the UK he invited her to visit him in London and she came here, they had a blast, and over the next year they ended up taking vacation after vacation together and she eventually moved to London to live with him and they ended up getting married this year. It was definitely an odd way to date, but if it could work for them living in different countries, I think going to another state could be worth it. who knows? He might end up being the love of your life!

What Guys Said 1

• As long as you feel safe and feel as though you can trust him then yeah, go for it. You said you wanted to visit the city anyway so why not ask him to show you around.

• well yeah, we are adults and he seems like a normal guy. he said he will show me around and promised a good time. then said in another text later, too bad you aren't here tonight, I wouldve had fun with him.

• thanks a lot for the feedback :)

• Your welcome, good luck =)

What Girls Said 2

• I believe you should go. The thing is if you guys do like each other then there could be a thing. You will never know until you meet him and if you can feel something for him. You should make plans for it not some crazy thing not planed what so ever. Which means tell people you are going. For safty reasons the fact you barely know him he could be a creeper and try to hurt you so always tell some before you go to some guys place and you don't really know them. You should go though.

• you have to meet eventually. go for it. you can't just be an online thing. people are much different in person