Would you date some one with no religion?

i don't have a religion. I believe in god but I don't fallow a religion.

i've taken from Buddhism, Jehovah's witnesses and Christians.

from Buddhism I took the belief that desire leads to suffering(I already know this but Buddhism confirmed it).

from Jehovah's witness I've taken the belief of having love, respect and fear for god. to know its okay to defend my-self if anyone attacks me. and that I am just a man, no mater how good or rich anyone is, if you cut me or anyone, we will all bleed.

and from Christians I've taken almost everything else, don't lie, steal, cheat(same as lying to me) and don't hurt people for no reason.

acmaster down below thinks he's cool lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually think that's really cool. I don't have a definite religion either, just moral beliefs. Some girls might care if they're really religious, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• i wouldn't go out with a girl that religious, too goody goody for me, I'm kind of a bad boy, not too bad tho.

• o I know that, but just cause you're crazy in bed doesn't make you a badass. I meant like, afraid to break the law, get in a fight, you know, stuff like that.

• @acubed: haha, so true. especially those catholics!

(catholics, please don't be offended. it was just a joke and I use catholics because I used to be one of ya)

What Girls Said 17

• Well you answered the 1st of my criteria. He has to believe in God / something higher than himself

Whether he has to be of the same religion or not waits to be seen if it becomes a problem b/w us

• well if you're christian, I advise you to never go out with a muslim, they're pretty much the opposite of you.

• oh yeah I know only extremest do that and the crusades was mostly a war of the extremest. but yeah I know what you mean.

• Thiezz I don't think you know as much as you claim. If you actually look at the Old testament with an open mind you will see that at every opportunity God relented from sending calamity and he fought social injustice and prejudice through out the texts. If you don't believe me look at the book of Jonah its not long and gets the point across about God's character in contrast to the anti-hero of the story Jonah, who is probably the type of christians you've encountered to make you bitter.

• I want someone who has moral values.

someone who has a religion, does not have a religion, takes bits of pieces of each does not necessarily mean they have morality, ethical practice or integrity.

when I am going to date someone, I look for someone who has character that is not defined by religious beliefs.

it's important to me as an individual to find someone who is good, not someone who depends on a religion to lean on.

• ok so its a good thing?

i'm kinda high and I don't fully understand what you said... +1 anyway.

• Hell yes I would! Not only would I date someone without a religion, I would find them *extra* sexy because of it ;-)

• really? why is that?

• That's too bad you would enjoy my Pentateuch class. My teacher would quickly show you a new way of looking at it. And death is a motivator for the weak willed true, but I assure you there is reasoning involved and not just fear as you have experienced. Oh and it might surprise you to know that Hell as most christians are taught is not supported in the bible at all. That's corrupting pagan ideas that infiltrated christianity in the 4th-6th century. There is no eternal soul.

• yeah I don't believe in hell either.

• I'd prefer to date another Christian because I wouldn't want to worry about the person I love going to hell... Plus, I want to be able to relate to my partner about the most important part of my life, Jesus.

• No I wouldn't . I mean it would be OK if they had beliefs like you...but if they have none, that's a deal breaker

• i'm the same way, so yeah I would.

• Why not? Have no religion is not guilty...

• yeah I enjoy reading about pagan beliefs and stuff and it does go with what I think is right but I'm not sure I actually 'believe' in it if that makes sense?

but yeah, I don't think I could date some one who was really religious

• Yep, why not? I mean who cares, it's not as if I'm obsessed with any deity or church...

• yeah haha

some Asian lady came to my house telling me to accept Jesus into my heart so I wouldn't go to hell lol

and I was like, I'm not interested and she just kept repeating the same thing.

• I'm fairly religious but I would date someone who didn't believe in god as long as he doesn't keep picking at my belief

• i think I could date guys without a religion but I want to marry a catholic or protestant. it just seems like the relationship would work out better if we both worshiped the same God and could raise our kids the same faith and go to church together. I'm catholic but any christian religion is fine or a guy willing to raise our kids christian. okay you get the point=]]]

• I don't know if I could date someone without a religion- or, more specifically, one who's religious views weren't incredibly similar to mine.

At least, not if I wanted it to be serious.

• why, what are your religious views/beliefs?

• well it was nice talking to you, interesting conversation.

• you too! xD

• I wouldn't go out with any religious person.

And you believe in god, so I'd have to make sure you were OK with my agnostic rantings before anything happened, lol :)

• whats agnostic?

• Yep, and not through some mislead girl telling me how to find her/him over the internet :)

• Maybe you should actually look up some info on these religions you so foolishly speak on. Maybe then you wouldn't sound like such an idiot. Your choice in belief is your business but you might be surprised at how wrong your assumptions are for some religions.

• why are you using the anom? have some balls and comment with your name, its not like I can hurt you, or even want to.

• yeah I'm not that type of guy, but I'm not even mad or anything, I just don't think I need to look up anything. I've done enough research, not much really but enough. and you're the one calling me an idiot for what I believe in... so come to covina california and I'll give you that kiss on you anom ass.

• I grew up in a Christian family and it is a part of me, I accept that. I also try to understand and love people regardless of their history and choices, as a christian we are suppose to love everyone because Jesus says forgive them for they know not what they do. And also, love your neighbor like thy self. Anyways, my guy is not fully christian but he has decided to follow my faith.

• You're an idiot. To me that just means you're indecisive and weak. I'm not saying be a religious extremist or anything but dude you can't just pick and choose what you're gonna believe from each religion and expect it to do you any good. Go to Hell.

• wow you're funny

• f*** you both I don't give a damn.

• I find that a little refreshing only because there is so much pressure of religion today that most girls don't even know what they are.

• yeah its ridiculous and retarded to try and force someone to fallow a certain religion. religion is mostly just fear of death and what comes after it.

What Guys Said 6

• You call that 'no religion'? You're already too religious for me! :p

• I meant it like no specific religion or label for my beliefs.

• I have and I would. I consider myself a Pantheist, which is kind of a new religion kind of like Taoism.

• never heard of either.

• I'm more of an atheist in my present spiritual incarnation, but I've dabbled before in what one might call pantheism. Not a common take. I still like to dabble at times in pantheistic ways of thinking at times; I just see it now in a more metaphorical sense. Haha, so I guess what I'm trying to say is: you're interesting ;-)

• Of course. People have the right to believe what they like. On this sort of thing I could enjoy challenge from someone who felt differently.

Some of the "Christian" answers here about laughing while other people burn are pretty funny.

• I don't have a belief and I couldn't care less. Just being good towards fellow humans is largely enough.

• I'd accept that my partner believes in some deity but I wouldn't start believing because of her.

• nop, sorry I wouldnt

• Yeah I'm not ReLigious and that's because indent feel like going to church ahhah