How do I tell a girl I want to date her, but also date other girls?

I've heard that if you want to date a girl, but if you also want to date other people its called dating non exclusively. when and how do I tell a girl that I want to date her, but I also want to date other people.

please provide details...

Most Helpful Girl

• I see it as a good thing to meet different people, get to know them, and not jump into an exclusive relationship with the first person you meet. As long as he was honest about it and didn't have a problem with me seeing other people as well, then it's fine with me.

That said, difficulties can arise. For example, just because I'm okay with it wouldn't mean that the other women would be okay with it. I wouldn't want to be caught up in any drama from the other women. Also, it might be difficult if down the road I decided I wanted to be exclusive with him and he didn't want to, or if in the end, he decided he wanted to be exclusive with someone other than me (that in itself would hurt, but it would hurt even more if I couldn't remain friends with him).

If I did date a guy who didn't want to be exclusive, I would hope that he would handle it maturely. For example, being honest with everyone he was dating and keeping us separate (if any of the women were the type to start drama), not breaking off a date with me to see one of the other girls, not leading me on to think that he liked me more than the other girls if he didn't really feel that way, letting me know if things were becoming more serious with one of the other women (i.e. thinking about becoming exclusive with her), etc.

What Girls Said 4

• I think its kinda annoying. I understand keeping your options open but nobody wants to feel like a number. Every girl wants to feel special and telling her that she is just another chick for a day of the week is sorta insulting. Just like Rihanna says make her feel like she is the only girl in the world!

• I disagree with the other comment. I think that as soon as you're dating someone, it is exclusive. If you want to date others, just bring it up to her. As long as you don't string her along beforehand, it's not unreasonable to suggest such a thing. However, I think that this definitely needs to be addressed.

• i would expect this in the beginning. but would hope that eventually we would progress to dating exclusively

• you don't need to tell her you want to date other people. that's understood. until you have the talk about dating exclusively, you're allowed to date other people

What Guys Said 0