Are you okay with your girlfriend telling you that you are not allowed to talk to or hang out with your female friends?

Guys! Are you okay with your girlfriend telling you that you are not allowed to talk to or hang out with your female friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• no, nobody dictates who I can and can't be friends with.

What Guys Said 7

• Well my workout partner is gay chick... but other than that I understand where she is coming from. I never have really had any good friends that were girls.

• I'd tell her to calm down and quit being so obvious with her jealousy and/or insecurity. Boundaries are fine in a relationship, but you can't tell someone who they can and can't talk to, especially if it's friends (female or not). I think I would've noticed this before I got into a relationship with her, which might have prevented me from getting into the relationship in the first place.

• Trust is an important part of a relationship. Do you have guy friends? How would YOU feel not being allowed to talk to any guy you see?

Pff

• my girl can talk till the cows come home but it won't stop me from doing what I want to do

• Picking and choosing which friends your boyfriend can have is not good. It's not fair to cut him off from his friends because of your insecurities. It would be a different story if you saw tangible evidence that there is something between them. Do you not want him having female friends at all or you just don't want them hanging out alone together?

• 100 % against

• I don't have any but I would be OK with her hanging out with me and my female friends if it were important to her

What Girls Said 4

• I think telling any guy that is unfair and done out of pure jealousy. Any girl who tells their boyfriend that they can't talk to girls who are friends who they do not have a history with is probably insecure and has trust issues. Its possible to be friends with someone without wanting anything more.

• Everyone has a right to their friendships, so long as we're talking platonic friends and not a collection of casual FWBs. If your guy is keeping multiple lovers while dating you, break up immediately and don't look back. Otherwise, stop being controlling and jealous, and let him live ihis life without having to be on the short leash.

• I think that would be unfair to the guy. If he turned around and said you weren't allowed to talk to any of your guy friends you wouldn't be happy. It just sounds like you're insecure and jealous and it will probably just result to an arguement.

• I think its crazy that girls try to tell their boyfriends what they can and can not do. If he cheats on you then he's not worth the trouble anymore and there is no good in a relationship when you can't trust each other.