What are you supposed to do if your date goes outside to fight?

Last night I was at a bar with a guy I'm dating and who I really like. An obnoxious sleazy guy kept trying to talk to me and after a few polite attempts to get rid of him I told him to get lost. My date went to the bar for drinks and on the way back the sleazy guy said something to him and seemed to leave. My date brought the drinks back to the table said "I'll be right back" and went towards the entrance. I said "hold on" but he was gone and I guessed what was happening. I went outside to find my date and the sleaze-ball scrapping it out in the parking lot. There was no way I was going to get him into trouble by calling the cops or anything and it was a fair fight so I just watched. Eventually some bouncers broke it up - they were more concerned that we hadn't paid our bar tab. What are you supposed to do in that situation? It was actually a nice place - not where you would expect fights.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it depends on how intoxicated both people were.

If your guy wasn't the drunk, I would hope you could have talked him out of it. At the least, I would say something about it the following day... just tell him to let it go.

If it he was drunk, then I'd maybe mention it briefly but really let it slide. What are you going to do? When people are drunk they just act instinctively, and his instincts told him to beat the creep.

Either way, you know the guy is interested enough in you to defend you.

• Yet again a gentleman prevails over a sleazeball. It looks like you chased the annonymous moron with his "wimp" comment away.

What Guys Said 1

• nothing you could do unless you could break it up. well you could have called the cops but I understand that wasn't an option

What Girls Said 1

• personally, id never see him again. I grew up in an abusive home and a man who lacks self-control is a major turnoff. it wasn't like he was defending himself, he didn't have to go outside. he made that decision to defend his pride. a secure guy doesn't need to prove himself with his fist.