How long should I wait for him to call?

i went on a first date with a guy last Thursday, I thought that we had a really good time. but then I haven't heard from him since and now it's Monday night. he was on a trip over the weekend though for a friend's funeral and got back this last Sunday morning...should I be concerned? how much longer should I give him before I just forget it and move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummm...whats wrong with you reaching out to him and initiating contact?Is the guy suppose to do all of the work?Maybe you can try sending a thoughtful note to him since he WAS AWAY for friends funeral. It was a funeral! Maybe you are not on his very super immeidate radar because he had funeral stuff to tend to. Maybe you should try reaching out to him and if not,you can continue to wait by the phone wondering .

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with the ladies. If you were just at your friend's funeral, what would be on your mind? But there is nothing stopping you from letting him know that you can be there for him if he needs it. It may even help your case. Just if he gets mad at you for calling him, DO NOT take it personal. Least not at first. He has a lot of stuff going on and maybe just needs some time to grieve.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that in this particular case..he just experienced a friends death and that takes a lot of time to get over. He may not be thinking too much about dates because he is still trying to cope with that factor. You can maybe text or call within the next few days and just ask him how he is doing.

• I think the guy is probably just exhausted from his trip and that is why he has not contacted you. In a way, I am in the same situation as you. A guy and I went out for lunch on Saturday. After the lunch, I texted him, telling him next time it would be my treat. He said he was up for it. I have not heard from him since and today is Monday.