I just turned 19, what ages am I allowed to be able to date?

1 year apart? 2yrs or 3yrs apart? or above?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with what other people...you definitely should be dating someone who is 18 years or older for legal reasons.

But other than that there's not really a "rule" about how old the person you date has to be. I've been told by friends that you should never date anyone more then 1/2 your age older than u...so if your 19 then 19/2= 9.5 and 19+9.5=28.5 so you shouldn't be dating someone who is older than 28.5 if you go by that rule.

Although it's all about personal preference. I don't date people anyone who is younger than me or anyone who is more than 5 years older than me because I find out that's what works best for me. But ultimately it's up to u. (:

What Guys Said 4

• Age is nothing but a number. But for legal reasons you should try to keep it above 18.

• 20 to 25 years of age.

• i agree with mr amazing

• anything which feels right and good for you I'd say...it's not a 'rule'..it's a matter just of two persons respecting each other;) would you date george clooney?haha;P

What Girls Said 5

• As long they aren't younger than 18 I don't really think there is a rule about dating up to a certain age, It all depends on who you meet and want to be with.

• Its not about age, its about maturity.

But as said below, legal 18, lol

• that's not a big age gap, when I was 19 I dated a guy who was 28 for 18mths .now I'm 21, and my preferred agr range is 25-31. age doesn't matter if you have a good time together and share things in common.

• You can date and have fun with any age

• LOL, seriously, there is no allowed age, you can date whoever you want as long as their not under the legal age to have sex, that is just creepy.