Short prom dresses? What do you think? :)

what do you think about... short prom dresses? do you think they are okay to wear at prom? because I know some people are like "it's not what you should wear to a prom" blah blah blah. but what's your opinion on short prom dresses to prom?

if I was going to wear a short dresses to prom I would never wear something tight and revealing! I would wear like a cute puff one! so if I wore a long dress my dress would be getting stepped on all night.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wore a short dress to jr and sr prom, it's more my style and I've gotten more use out of them. Do it :)

What Guys Said 5

• I was going through a photo album with a girl I used to date a few years back. Her prom pics came up and she wore something very short, tight & revealing...

she said she loved the dress at the time. She got lots of attention and it made her feel wanted, but now that she is older she would've preferred if she wore something cute. She thought she looked like a slut and wouldn't want her kids to see it (when she had them).

Just her story...

• i think at a high school prom, you should look more formal, as appealing to the males eyes as it is, I don't feel it is appropriate, wearing something tight and short is for the club dance floor

• what if it were a short puffy like a cute look? would that change your mind?

im not talking that its so short you can see my vag if I bend over.

• i would have to see a pic in order understand what you are talking about, what is the style called so I can look it up?... to be more specific, I think the traditional long dress is what is appropriate for school dances,

• hahaha it's hot I think you should rock it...i tried picturing you in a short prom dress (creepy, kinda :/) all I could say was HUBBA HUBBA XD

• I think the prom dress should represent and compliment the person wearing it. In most cases, I'd say no, keep it longer. *side note* I've personally never been a fan of strapless either ;)

• Who cares what they look like, its all about what happens when it hits the floor.

What Girls Said 10

• not to sound like a prude but I think its innappropriate. a prom is something that's supposed to be nice and memorable and to have fun with your friends and boyfriend or g/f.. what you do after prom is your business but at the prom you should dress respectful... there are a lot of cute dresses out there that aren't super short.

• I love 'em. I've seen lots of cute ones they don't have to be revealing. If I go to prom I'm wearing one. Long dresses are annoying to me -.-

• If it's appropriate length wise then it can be really cute. The poofy ones are really cute. If you want to wear a short dress to your prom then don't let anyone tell you that you can't. Plus some of the longer dresses can be really boring.

• yeah all I see are long ugly ones that wouldn't look cute on me :( and the only ones I think would look normal are the cute puffy ones.lol but yeahh I know aht you mean.

• For me I would never wear a short prom dress, for me it is just not prom...

However, that is just me. If someone else wants to wear a prom dress, go ahead. Its their decision, on some people it look great.

• They almost always look tacky and cheesy.

• I prefer long. You wore short to homecomings and most othhr parties. not many times you get to wear a long dress. made me feel very fancy and like a princess or something lol

• well we don't have a formal dance.. besides prom..

so do you think it would be differnt if it was short and puffy, or whatever than rather tight and revealing?

• I mean its totally personal preference. Girls still wore short dresses to my prom and if you were going to wear one, then yea a puffy one would be better than the tight and revealing one. I still would want to go long if it was me becasue even sun dresses and then later like at weddings ans some colleges even have dances, you still would wear a shorter dress. Its whatever you are comfortable with and feel pretty in. Have a good time :)

• I don't see anything wrong with short prom dresses, I think they're cute! :) A lot of people wear the longer floor-length ones and those are nice too, but short ones look just as good :)

• I wore a short dress to my prom...i actually prefer short ones over long ones

• i plan on making only short prom dresses this year. I'm a seamstress.

• of course. some are really beautiful