Rebounds, real happiness and such?

So my ex girlfriend got together with her first boyfriend about a week after we broke up. she is still seeing him and is saying that she is happy. its about a month and a week after the breakup now. in my opinion she actually does seem happy with him. thoughts?

i ended it badly. but she cared about me a lot. she said she doesn't regret anything about us. and that I was her best friend

Most Helpful Girl

• my ex did the same thing a rebound don't always last for long but from what I can tell you try to move on try to show her that you can be happy too and believe me even when you still have feelings for her deep down you know you don't want to go back down the same road I might be young but this "guy?" (I rather not call him a men since he isn't bcause of what he did) he started dated this chick he always look happy and so I thought he changed his mind he doesn't care about me anymore so it's time to move on so well my point is go find someone else she could be happy but sometime that's just a way to hide what she truly thinks so well let her and happy yourself

• I don't know anyone that has been sucessful in a rebound relationship. Perhaps that's just my personal experience and they have worked out - but in my opinion, things always look "happier" when a relationship just begins. Give it five years and take a look as to how "happy" they are then. lol

What Girls Said 3

• People get into rebound relationships because they want to avoid having to deal with the pain of the break up. She may seem happy now, but rebounds never last because they are just relationships people just into for all the wrong reasons. The relationship will fail apart soon and she will finally start dealing with the break up.

• He gives her emotional fulfillment that the relationship with you didn't. It doesn't mean that she never cared about you. Their personalities just click better.

• I started seeing my boyfriend pretty much immediately after getting out of a 5 year relationship. We've been together for nearly 5 years ourselves now, very happy, and engaged to be married.

What Guys Said 2

• Well two ways of looking at it.

She originally broke up with her ex and dated you, before going back to him. It is possible that you were the rebound, and she wasn't as happy as she was before you, and now she had the opportunity to be back with him.

Or perhaps he is the rebound, and either a) she's making herself believe she's happy, to get over you and to feel that she's moved on... or to make you jealous... or b) maybe she still had feelings for him, and as stated before... had the opportunity to be back with him, and so she is happy because of her previous emptiness getting some fulfillment. I really don't know, but at this point... you shouldn't dwell on the past. If she is happy or isn't happy... she'll find out eventually and it'll be made relevant to the both of them. You should move on and try to make yourself happy. Enjoy the single life until you find another girl that drops you to your knees.

• Try your very hardest not to hate either of them. If I were in your shoes I'd be very angry :-) find another girl, that's the best way to get back at her :D