Is not having text messaging a disadvantage?

I don't have text messaging because I don't have a job right now and I had to cut back on a lot of costs. I usually make up a lie when I meet guys and I say that it's because I find it annoying, which I do in a way. It gets frustrating for them and for me when we want to have some sort of contact but it's impossible with busy schedules and eventually we stop connecting. Is this a major disadvantage or would guys feel like I'm too difficult of a person?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are looking for a boyfriend right now I really think this is a disadvantage, but I wouldn't say it's a major one because simply these days I prefer talking on the phone than texting and I myself had that problem too before. I wouldn't tell them that I couldn't afford it at the time because of financing and I would lied by saying I hate texting and its annoying. But if you're the type of girl who is too busy with schedules and other important things then I really think you should stick with the things that are most important than really worry about guys right now. To me there are definitely more things that important than this stuff. And in my opinion I don't think you're too difficult of a person. You just want to tell them what you think about texting and if it is the truth then you're not at all. I just like to think you're straight forward and know what you want.

• Thanks :). You're right, I just don't seem to have the time anyway. My studies is definitely important right now.

What Guys Said 2

• I find that some people purchase plans that have limited minutes and unlimited texting. Even pay as you go type phones sometimes have that. I'm not going to say that not having text messaging is a disadvantage, but I would say having it is more of an advantage. You can ask questions or get answers without disrupting class or work (if needed) rather than openly taking a call. If you run out of minutes, you're screwed for talking, but you can't run out of text messages. Texting also gives you the leisure of replying on your own pace. If a guy asks you a personal question, and you want to answer it, but want to give it thought, well you don't have to answer right away. "Sorry! didn't have my phone with me!, but to answer your question..." :) Many people hate talking on the phone (such as myself) and prefer texting. That and its more convenient that way. Perhaps get a smaller plan for talking with minutes, and expand on texting. Also, I put a "V" after everyone's name in my phone that I know has Verizon, because I know its free to call them whenever I want to without costing me minutes. So you could do the same with w/e company you have to help you manage minutes.

• Thanks for your advice! I hate talking on the phone too and prefer to do things in person so texting would be just as bad for me. I'll still look into plans for when I do get a job though, lol.

• I'd rather have texting over calling anyday.

What Girls Said 1

• I mean, texting is cool but if the guy doesn't want to continue talking with you because he can't talk on the phone then I think that's a red flag that you shouldn't be seeing him in the first place...

• That's what I would think too, but then again I'm too busy to be talking on the phone. So sometimes I can see why they would get frustrated.